Cartoon Network No More?

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I was reading this article online today and was suprised that I didn't see it here anywhere:

TV.com: Cartoon Network ditching all-'toon format

Cartoon Network promises more Live Action! | Cartoon Brew: Leading the Animation Conversation

Basically speaking Cartoon Network is dropping Cartoon from it's name and is just becomming "The Network." (I'm guessing that name will change)

It's kind of disappointing as I really enjoyed when Cartoon Network was about cartoons (especially with the upconverted Scooby Doo episodes) and now it will likely be 50/50 with live action garbage in the middle... basically rivaling Disney XD.

I read both of those articles and I didn't see anything about them ACTUALLY changing their name. They were just making fun of how stupid the name is in light of the programming announcements.

I was reading this article online today and was suprised that I didn't see it here anywhere:

TV.com: Cartoon Network ditching all-'toon format

Cartoon Network promises more Live Action! | Cartoon Brew: Leading the Animation Conversation

Basically speaking Cartoon Network is dropping Cartoon from it's name and is just becomming "The Network." (I'm guessing that name will change)

It's kind of disappointing as I really enjoyed when Cartoon Network was about cartoons (especially with the upconverted Scooby Doo episodes) and now it will likely be 50/50 with live action garbage in the middle... basically rivaling Disney XD.

Lovely. Another generic channel ala SpikeTV and G4. Just what we need. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)