CBS Pulls the plug on Guiding Light after 72 years

I have watched the GL off and on over the years (well the last 30). My parents always have watched it (since the early 60s). I gave up on it about 6 months ago... The writing got soo poor and they had axed many of the major stars.

It was always on around lunch time (in the summers) and watched it with my Mom.(late 50's-60's)

It's on at 9am in Orlando so that tells you how bad the show was doing. But, they are not alone. With Women working and men not watching them they have had a tough time getting an audience.

It's on at 9am in Orlando so that tells you how bad the show was doing. But, they are not alone. With Women working and men not watching them they have had a tough time getting an audience.
Just a few factors killing the Soaps: more women working, 250 channels lineup and VOD, the Internet, Oprah, and even fewer ad dollars with the economy in the tank. To be honest, I've noticed the writing quality of my wife's All My Children show has talked the past year (must have replaced them with "cheaper" talent), and many of the stars have either disappeared or are taking extended vacations. I think we may see 1 or 2 more Soaps disappear this coming season.

Well I put it back on the DVR, may as well watch the end of the series... the end of a television era. Maybe they will kill off the people one by one, this time we will see the bodies and 100% sure they did not fake the deaths, and have them all comeback the last week as ghosts... It must have been 10-15 years ago they had a stint where this guy (disguised as a gal) was killing off all the cast members with contract disputes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)