Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tonedeaf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Rockwall, TX
Guys,

Currently using an oval 3 LNB dish. I have 9 total lines needed with my setup, I have a new 6x8 multi switch that typically goes with the at9 dish. This replaced a 4x8 switch that had a faulty port #8. I also have a 3x4 mutli that I had with my old round dish many years ago.

My question is, can I use any of these 3 in tandom? I am needing to get 1 extra line from the 6x8 switch and hoping that they are cascadable. If the 6x8 is not, Can I use the 5x8 and the 3x4 cascading to get the # of ports necessary. I know that the 5x8 is cascadable from reading posts during a search, just not sure if it will work with the old 3x4 switch. If that is possible would give me the 9 outs that I need.

Thanks for any help.

3 sd tivos
1 hd tivo
1 Sammy HD receiver

Last edited:
The simple answer to your question, is no!!! If you want to do it properly, and you have any HD receivers, then you will have to install the AT-9 and go to Spaun, for the Cascade Multiswitches...

Unless of course, you want to install the AT-9, only for the HD System, and keep the TypeIII for all the rest, and then you use Spaun for the best reception... LOL

Last edited:
You can try this.

Since the SD tivos only need 101, run 2 lines directly into the sat B sides of the switch. On the sat A side run the 2 lines from the LNB to a power passing splitter, then take one split side into the 13v on the 3x4 and the 5x8 and the other split side into the 18v on the 3x4 and 5x8.

The only thing that dictates the switching to sat C or B is a 22k tone so if the receiver that is connected to the 3x4 is only set to dual LNB it should work.

See my fancy artwork for a visual.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 79
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 146
You might want to consider using "Hi Frequency" Splitters, and or use the diagram that I have attached. You may substitute and or eliminate any wiring not needed, but you must split everything evenly with the Multiswitchs

Attachments

• two-4_by_8_switches.gif
    two-4_by_8_switches.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 166
Thanks for the diagrams guys. Here is what I did, not gonna post a diagram as I suck at drawing via pc.

Have the 4 lines from the 3LNB dish to my Zinwell 6x8 switch, 4 lines from output on Zinwell to my 4x8 switch. 3 more outputs from the Zinwell go to my HD Tivo and my HD receiver. Then I have 6 lines going from the 4x8 switch to my SD Tivo's. Everything is up and workign just fine. No issues so far and glad that just a little trial and error actually worked out for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)