Cassette Adapter for SIRIUS SPORSTER

merlinmer

Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
Anybody have any experience with a cassette adapter for the Sportster? The FM Frequency modulation isn't working well due to a lot of interference with other stations. I tried using a cassette adapter from an old CD player I had, but the output was minimal and I still ended up with a lot of interference. Any suggestions on which adapter to get.

thanks

When you say the output was minimal do you mean it was really low? I had this problem with my XM radio and the tap adapter and I was able to resolve it by by having the tape player switch sides of the tape. Once I did that it came in perfectly.

merlinmer said:
Anybody have any experience with a cassette adapter for the Sportster? The FM Frequency modulation isn't working well due to a lot of interference with other stations. I tried using a cassette adapter from an old CD player I had, but the output was minimal and I still ended up with a lot of interference. Any suggestions on which adapter to get.

thanks

I hear if you call Sirius Customer Care they will send you a FM out booster for the Sportster. Reports from Siriusbackstage.com are very positive about this free option from Sirius.

Do they make one for the JVC?

I have noticed that the FM modulation makes it seem quiet compared to normal radio and CDs at the same volume setting.

Neutron said:
Do they make one for the JVC?

I have noticed that the FM modulation makes it seem quiet compared to normal radio and CDs at the same volume setting.

Neutron,

I just called customer care about getting a FM out booster for my g/f's sportster. They told me they are out of stock at the moment but would mail one out as soon as its back in. I am going to give it a try with my JVC PnP and see if it works. I'm sure I will have to go to Radio Shack and get some sort of adapter to make it work in the JVC. You should give them a call and have'em send an FM out booster to you. If it doesn't work, oh well, cause its free.

Cheers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts