Cast and Crew Listing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wallypa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Pacifica, by Hwy One
Just up until a few days ago, when I watch a movie or a show, if I press on INFO, there is a button on the left side of the screen called cast and crew, which lists all major actors, directors, etc. with names and where they came from, date of birth and if they are deceased, the date they died. Now, it's still there but just limited to the names and the list is limited to seven people. I noticed this change right after a power outage in our area. My question is: Is this change universal, or has something gone wrong with my DVR? Thank you all.

Just up until a few days ago, when I watch a movie or a show, if I press on INFO, there is a button on the left side of the screen called cast and crew, which lists all major actors, directors, etc. with names and where they came from, date of birth and if they are deceased, the date they died. Now, it's still there but just limited to the names and the list is limited to seven people. I noticed this change right after a power outage in our area. My question is: Is this change universal, or has something gone wrong with my DVR? Thank you all.
Was your DVR connected to internet and is it still making connection after the outage?

Are you participating in the CE program? When you download a CE, often times it takes a while to get all of that information back.

Was just checking the Cast and Crew on my HR24-500 ...

Looks like everything is working normally for the cast.

Fwiw, I really like that feature !

@raoul: I'm not participating in the CE program.
@jimbo: Thanks for checking. I like it as well. In the scheme of things, not really a big deal, but it's a nice feature to have especially if the actors aren't listed in the main info screen. I'm curious, do you have the new guide already? I just got it the other night and I'm thinking maybe it's related to it. I reset the receiver, but got the same result. Could it be the hard drive?

@raoul: I'm not participating in the CE program.
@jimbo: Thanks for checking. I like it as well. In the scheme of things, not really a big deal, but it's a nice feature to have especially if the actors aren't listed in the main info screen. I'm curious, do you have the new guide already? I just got it the other night and I'm thinking maybe it's related to it. I reset the receiver, but got the same result. Could it be the hard drive?

Yes I do have the New HD Gui, and I am using the CE software.
No, I doubt that it's related to the hard drive at all.

I just got the HD Guide today. I found that Scrubs on WGN had 19 in the Cast and Crew listing. Some shows have less and some shows have no Cast and Crew listing at all.

P.S. I just double checked and the bio info is gone. Now when you select a name it finds other programming that person is in. So the function is definitely changed in the HD Guide.

It would not surprise me at all if they make it for the MAIN members only with an occasional addl. guest stars, I know from time to time I will see Directors and Writes listed as well.

I just noticed that added Awards to the persons info now ...

Thanks to all. Now I can conclude that the change is related to the new enhanced guide. I hope they bring this feature back to it's original format.

It takes my HD-DVR 7-10 days to download all the info after the data is lost. I bet if you give it a few days more and more data will become available. I would select a program a week out on the guide, make note of what info is available and come back the next day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)