HD Guide update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bighittin11

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
Ada
When is the OKC/ Sherman TX market going to get the new software for the HD guide update?

I got it in a national release on Sunday night. I am in the Birmingham, AL DMA #39.

charper1 said:
only DirecTV knows everything else is pure speculation unless they make an announcement

There is a schedule in the DirecTV forums on the DirecTV website.

FAQ for DIRECTV’s New HD Onscreen Guide & Release Dates - DBSTalk.Com
This link will take you to that exact post. the other is the first post in the thread. You have to go down to the second part of the second post to see the current schedule.
Also what I can tell you that I have been told by Directv Technical Support is everyone is supposed to have it, who has a compatible receiver by the end of January. One extra note. Directv forums techs are the ones that actually are directing people over to dbstalk for that particular thread.
FAQ for DIRECTV’s New HD Onscreen Guide & Release Dates - DBSTalk.Com

Last edited:
I was going to look at the list to see when the possible time the update was to happen in my area. Instead I just happened to turn on my receiver to the surprise of the new HD guide already installed. It installed this morning.

This is my first post and I registered just to post this. (Long time reading, first time poster!) So yep, the national release is coming down. And nope, I did not partake in the cutting edge testing.

I have an HR22/100
software 0x57b, Jan 4, 1:54a PST

I'll check later on if my H25 is updated, but my poor girlfriend is sick so I'll wait until she is awake to do so.

And yes, the guide is mighty pretty and pretty quick.

I was going to look at the list to see when the possible time the update was to happen in my area. Instead I just happened to turn on my receiver to the surprise of the new HD guide already installed. It installed this morning.

This is my first post and I registered just to post this. (Long time reading, first time poster!) So yep, the national release is coming down. And nope, I did not partake in the cutting edge testing.

I have an HR22/100
software 0x57b, Jan 4, 1:54a PST

I'll check later on if my H25 is updated, but my poor girlfriend is sick so I'll wait until she is awake to do so.

And yes, the guide is mighty pretty and pretty quick.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Looks like the HR34 isn't getting an HD guide?

BTW - the more I think about it, the more I am shocked HD guides weren't a standard thing 5 years ago. Or more.

Looks like the HR34 isn't getting an HD guide?

BTW - the more I think about it, the more I am shocked HD guides weren't a standard thing 5 years ago. Or more.

The HR34 started getting the hd guide this past weekend in the CE program.

MSHAW2715 said:
A couple of things you should note.
1. the schedule is subject to change with little to no notice.
2. it can take up to 48 hours or so for the guide to download into your box. then you would have the guide after that.

It takes up to 48 hours to get the guide info. The update process itself takes 10-15 minutes once the process starts. Right now, the updated firmware is only available during a 3-4 hour window in the middle of the night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts