Cause for cable on lnb to unscrew itself and fall off

Status
Please reply by conversation.

judybiv408@yahoo.com

Original poster
May 17, 2011
southern illinois
We had our satellie installed 19 months ago,..Lost signal on one of the tvs..call for repair...they found that the cable on the lnb was totally off...the satelitte is on our roof, so I know nobody messed with it.. Is this a common occurence or was the wrong type of cable used or could it be that it wasnt screwed on right to begin with? I live in a trailer park and all satelittes are facing in the same direction. We all get the same wind and rain, But it seems that we are the only people out here that had this problem. Would appreciate an answer to this problem...thanks

judybiv408@yahoo.com said:
We had our satellie installed 19 months ago,..Lost signal on one of the tvs..call for repair...they found that the cable on the lnb was totally off...the satelitte is on our roof, so I know nobody messed with it.. Is this a common occurence or was the wrong type of cable used or could it be that it wasnt screwed on right to begin with? I live in a trailer park and all satelittes are facing in the same direction. We all get the same wind and rain, But it seems that we are the only people out here that had this problem. Would appreciate an answer to this problem...thanks

Has this happened more than once ?
It doesn't happen very often, in fact this is the first time I've heard of it happening.
Could be that it wasn't tightened down the first time, I'm sure if the guy found it that way, he made sure it was tight this time.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Extremes of heat and cold plus just the right wind currents can cause all kinds of weird things to happen. Probably all started with an installer that failed to tighten things properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)