Cband HH mount cover 1/2 plastic chucked

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
So my brother was cleaning the garage. I didn't get a chance to look and see what was gone. I checked once and then again. Well to my horror he chucked 1/2 of the h/h mount plastic cover. He also chucked nuts and bolts to put the panels back together but those are easy to replace. I found all the other peices. feed horn cover and what not. Just only 1/2 of the plastic cover. So now that I"m moving. I'll have a place to put said dish up. HOwever, how do I cover it. Sorry no pics yet.

TTFN,

Josh

Yep!
Looks like you have a Winegard Pinnacle with an AJAK H-H mount.
The company made at least three models that I've seen documented.
A decent couple of pictures will confirm, but if Fred said you had the big AJAK, then you do! ;)

The picture Linuxman posted in that thread, with the near cover off and the far cover on, is his big AJAK 180 motor.
I've got one, too (see my signature).

If nobody has replacement covers, maybe we can begin a discussion of how to make one for you... ?

Right, I have in the past made a surprisingly tough material using Gorilla glue, two layers of fiberglass door screen mesh with one layer of aluminum door screen mesh sandwiched in between .

The Gorilla glue needs water as its catalyst and expands dramatically through all the holes in the screen mesh . So you might make a box out of some pieces of wood that would be the inner dimensions , cover carefully with plastic wrap, and then put the screen mesh on a layer at a time. I used drops of "crazy glue" to hold the mesh down tight here and there with no issues. Then apply water-added Gorilla glue to the mesh with a paint brush, poking the glue into the mesh holes with the brush tip .

It turned into a very tough material. i had all the components laying around

Worked for me, although might be easier to fabricate out of sheet metal.

just thinkin' out loud:

That's a great sounding construction technique. - :up
I once fiber-glassed the nose of a model sail plane, so I know that could work....

But, what I had on mind, was to make up a plug out of some scrap 2x4's and deck screws, to become the male half of the mold....
... then heat up some plastic with a hot air gun, and form/stretch it to fit.
I was thinking about the pebble-surface stuff they use in piece of Samsonite luggage.
Where would you get it? How 'bout any thrift store?

edit:
That door-screen is soundin' better already! - :)
...or what about other model-making techniques?

So my brother was cleaning the garage. I didn't get a chance to look and see what was gone. I checked once and then again. Well to my horror he chucked 1/2 of the h/h mount plastic cover. He also chucked nuts and bolts to put the panels back together but those are easy to replace. I found all the other peices. feed horn cover and what not. Just only 1/2 of the plastic cover. So now that I"m moving. I'll have a place to put said dish up. HOwever, how do I cover it. Sorry no pics yet.

TTFN,

Josh

That should teach you. It's against a garage owner's protocol to let non-qualified personnel clean out one's garage. An incident of this nature would elevate me to DefCon1 with an Article 15 charge.

I have an Ajak H180 H-H sitting in my garage. If you need dimensions, pictures, or a casting mold to construct a replacement cover, I'd be happy to help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)