cband /ku on 10ft BUD need help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xxtornxx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
usa
Got 10 ft BUD up and 920 reciever and slaved pansat 9200 hd, well first of all i will get sat west of 107 on cband and nothing east and just no life of ku at all which i think is lnb but dont know if manuall skew setting are right at dish.(lnb are signal calf c/ku amp ). Lost to what to do next spent hours at dish with tv and recievers and this is all i got.

Can you list some details?
Where are you located? (True south Sat)
Was the Dish already used / installed locally (proper Elevation and Declination angles)
Which LNB? Skew?
How are you slaved?

Arizona zip 85361. The dish was used and motor was locked up and reed switch and eletronic where replaced,Home made plate all good at the motor end (H-Hmotor)http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-...35-last-leg-set-up-10-ft-bud-need-advice.html it is a local dish but all settings had to be changed to unfreeze every thing.No cover on motor for long time.
I repaced lnb that i bought off ebay(chaparral feed)
LNB are Calif Amp pro II cband
parts 140105
input-3.7-4.2ghs
output 950-1450mhz
gain 65db type
KU LNB is calif model 150279
input 11.7-12.2ghs
output 950-1450 mhz
gain 62db type
vdc +12 to+24
noise 0.6db
Skew i do not know and this may be the begining of my problems.
c band and ku comming in on two sperate lines from lnb to splitters one side of each splitter ku/c band goes into 920 (each having seperate ports on back of 920) Then the other port of splitter goes to diseqc v 1.0 54-2400mhz port 1 cband port 2 kuband out to pansat 9200 onport on rear then out to tv.920i have to sperate tv 13in for moving and fine tune lnb in which i can get 133 121 135 137 139 c band

I thought i set angle as close as i can and then set reciever and then move dish by hand and what comes in is 107
I have to go to work trucker be back in few days thanks for now.

Back for a day, now to get 113.0 w satmex 6. I was thinking about the feed horn and the LNB angle on dish. Right now the LNB is ku/band at 12:00 oclock and the c-band is at 6:00 oclock.May be i need a different setting now ku is on top and c band on bottom and may need to set LNB at 1;00 and 7:00 oclock or some other oclock position to get me close to 113.0w to get some sig.

i followed NPS and called them and the G1,G3,C4 and others came in west of 107 nothing east I will try to get 113 next is LNB position important at the feed horn or leave it at 12:00 and 6:00 oclock

It's been a while, but I believe the Ku should be around 11 o'clock, when the Dish is at the Highest point (True South)
You still have to set the Skews (Hor and Vert) in the 4DTV.

Have you properly set the Elevation and Declination?

I was reading some old post, ku for starters is around 9:30 to 11:00 I thought i was close to Elevation and Declination because orf getting 107 and those western sats. I work on it I get back to you in a few days Thank you.

it took me weeks but it is starting to work alot of fine tunning slow going but going

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)