cband Lnb questions. oh nooo..lol

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lllbob

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 13, 2008
USA
Hello all...

Trying to get a cband dish for g16 or g3c..which ever one has more stuff.
and If there's nothing on those sats, let me know now so I don't waste my time. :)
and this will be stationary. bummer I know. lol

OK.. I got Two Old c-band Dishes to use.
1: A Birdview - Solid..
2: A Uniden or bigfoot - Mesh...
...don't know the feet of them.

The Birdview LNB.. I can't find it right now.. but I think it stopped working anyway.
SO what kind of cband lnb will work on the birdview? Will those $12 cband ones at ebay work on it?
.. or anywhere that accepts paypal will be fine.

The Uniden or bigfoot, which ever its called...I have the LNB for that one. I believe it still works.
(Panasonic - Model: Cl-LNB-85) also has a bigfoot sticker on it.
...But it has the polarity wire hookups or what ever on it..
...and I'm not sure if that will even work on my ViewSat Platinum.
- I think that was to swap it from H and Vertical ?
so will a viewsat operate that lnb or not? I'm guessing it won't cause of that..
- If not.. I also wanna get a new cband lnb for that dish also.
.. so the same question as the birdview one..lol

So yes, I want two stationary cband lnb/dishes that will work on viewsat platinums. and for cheaply as possible.
I just want those regular tv networks... that is if there even still on those sats.

Thanks for any info on that..
That Galaxy 18 is now just kill'n me. LOL. hope theres something new on that soon.
I do still have ku-band G19-97, AMC9-83(RTV), AMC4-101,and 119 for ION(it shows movies in the afternoon).

Well I will start by saying that the Birdview is a VERY sought after dish because of it's high build quality. Amongst us C-Banders, it is probably THE dish to have.
I do not have any experience with the $12 Ebay LNBs as all of the ones I use are older and have been rescued from old dishes I have removed for people. That said, they seem to work fine. If you want something that will be easy to use with your ViewSat (which I believe does not have servo control) you will be well advised to use a LNBF in which the H and V are selected by the voltage put out to the LNB, 13V or 18V.

Not having a Birdview myself I am not sure how you would mount an LNB or Feedhorn that is different from the Birdview original one. Linuxman has written a LOT on the topic. Do some searching on the topic and I am sure you will come up with more than enough information.
We are here to help but you have to do your part and do some looking too. If there is anything that needs clarification we can surely help out. 95°W, 99°W and 103°W all have some good stuff on them. I would definitely recommend some sort of actuator to move the dish or you will be limiting yourself.

On the forum, we have some experts on Birdviews.
There are quite a few members with the dishes, and there's plenty of info on 'em.

First, how is it you have the dish, but not the motorized mount?
All the Birdview solid dishes I've seen are white, and 8½ feet straight across the rim.
Real Birdviews also have six scalar support struts.
Is yours in good shape?
Pictures?

I think an after-market LNBF (voltage-controlled) like the GeoSatPro C1 or C2 is fine for C-band only.
With a C2, you could feed two receivers at once.
And by adding a 2x4 multiswitch (or bigger), you could feed several receivers.

The original Birdview hardware was neither fish nor foul. It wasn't an LNA, but it was not really a modern LNB, either.
If your dish is outfitted with a Chaparral servo-controlled feedhorn, then it was modified.

I wasn't clear on what programming you wanted, but maybe the links below will help:

Iceberg on where to find the networks:
ABC & CW are from Puerto Rico
CBS, NBC & FOX are from USVI
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-fta-so-i-have-few-questions.html#post1611190
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/173103-network-feeds.html#post1801644

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)