HTS Tracker Elite receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Intamin

Original poster
Jul 27, 2009
pa
Ok so i was driving down the road today and seen and older lady cutting grass and there was a big old dish. So i stopped and asked if she wanted me to take it down and remove it for her. She said yes and i have the rest of it inside its your is if you want it. It looks to be about 8-10' winegard dish. Steel mesh type. Is this equipment any good for FTA use?

the dish is the receiver can probably move the big dish and pick up what few analog channels are left ( plus feeds) (try getting the remote for the unit)

the good thing is that your DVB receiver will be able to connect up to the big dish and probably receive channels :)

great find for someone starting out in FTA or wanting to add c-band to an existing system... :)

I got everything manuals remote etc. Only problem is i just pluged it in and a resistor on power supply smoked. Is this worth my time to mess with? I can prob fix it but is it worth it? the unit still powers on just need to find a crap tv to try it ion not connecting to one of my lcds

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 126
well it was just going to be the mover. it is possible the old box will still move the dish but i don't know if i'ld even try it.

there are other options for a mover.
g-box / v-box another analog box ect . most of the older analog boxes can be had for a bit more that shipping even some new old stock can be found on e-bay . the g-box solution is a bit higher in cost but is probably the easiest method .... combined together with a dvb receiver.

this will also sound weird .... you could also set the dish up as a stationary one ( for now) and add things later. most 12 volt battery chargers will alow you to move the dish motor. and you could then stop it an any satellite location.

yeah some of ice's equipment if your a beginner would be a good fit .....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts