cband newbie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
Since I'm new to. cband satellite is there anything I should now before taking the plunge looking to get a 8ft stationary dish from Wsi international (the satellite guys special buy)

hi jmc98

well the 8 foot is very good but really heavy around 130 pounds but i got two 6 foot, this dish i like bcause kind of get all the satellites and is really light just around 60 pound, u can even do everything by urself.

what satellite u want to get or what channel?

good luck, Manny

Jmc, I have the Fortec 6 foot which is similar in design and setup. If you can get the larger WSI 8 footer go for it. I recently changed mine to a pole mount and added a Gbox acuator too. Kinda neat sitting in the house and not having to move that dish. I watch more cband now than kU stuff. Blind

It'll come really handy when you're installing the dish, since you need to install it on a plumb mast, you'll also need to point it to a sat located in your true south.

The inclinometer will serve you to properly set the inclination of the dish (azimuth).

M.

Cband mounts normally don't have degree scales on them. You'll want a way to measure your angles for elevation & declination...
I've used stuff as simple as a protractor with a weighted string, but a good inclinometer makes it easy.
Picked mine up for around $7...
As with most anything - you can get by with very few tools, but the more you work & play with 'stuff' you acquire more 'stuff' to do it with... ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)