CBS Broadcast Rules

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Will94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
USA
I've been in a discussion with some people from Dallas, and we're wondering about Thursday afternoon. Baylor is playing in the same time slot as North Texas. Waco (home of Baylor) is about a 95 mile drive south from Dallas. Dallas is probably their biggest alumni base. However, Waco is it's own DMA, and North Texas (in Denton) is in the DFW DMA.

It's my understanding that CBS in DFW must show the North Texas game. Would they have any ability to try to put Baylor on a sub-channel?

It seems absolutely bone-headed to me that the NCAA (or CBS?) scheduled games with teams so close together in the same time slot.

This has happened before in other markets. My guess would be that another station, proably TXA 21 in DFW, which is the sister station of CBS11, would show the Baylor game.

IIRC, Cleveland State and Ohio State played first round games at the same time last March. In Cleveland, Cleveland State was on CBS, and Ohio St. was shown on a sister station.

A similar occurrence happened a year or two (I forget exactly when) here in the Los Angeles area, but UCLA and Cal State Fullerton were playing at the same time on the first Thursday of the tournament. Obviously, the UCLA game was on KCBS, while the Cal State Fullerton game was on the Anaheim-based indie KDOC (Anaheim is directly of Fullerton, in Orange County). If not for the Lakers playing a road game that night, it would have been likely that the Fullerton would have aired on KCAL.

As expected CBS is showing 2 games in DFW now. Kansas St-North Texas on CBS 11 and Baylor-Sam Houston St on TXA21. Makes you wonder if they can do this for a conflict like this why not just show 2 games in every market all the time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts