CBS College Sports Network package change

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TomCat4680

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Mt. Morris, Michigan
Hi I was just scrolling through the guide and I'm getting CBS College Sports Network now (channel 613) but I don't have Sports Pack. None of the other Sports Pack channels are coming in either. Did it move packages or is there like a free preview of it going on?

Tom

UPDATE 3/2:

DirecTV / CBS College Sports have confirmed that CBSCH (channel 613) is now included in the Choice Xtra packages and above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does not really effect me since I get the sports pack anyway, but good news should I decide to drop it. I like that channel during basketball and football season

Perhaps the website was updated before they officially changed the packages???

I currently have CBSCHD and I have had it since Direct started carrying it (the stretching they do on the HD channel does annoy the hell out of me) and I do not currently have the sports pack nor the premium pack.

what package do you have Dodger, Choice? or Choice Xtra? I'm trying to update the Wikipage list of D* channels and I'm trying to figure out its minimum package

ok show of hands is anyone who has Choice without Sports Pack getting it? Choice ONLY, WITHOUT Sports Pack, anyone?
The website does say it is part of the sports pack and it does not include it on the list of channels for Choice Extra either.

I have a grandfathered package (Total Choice Plus). Perhaps my older package includes this channel?

so whats the current name of that Dodger, Choice Xtra I'm guessing?
Yes, but it is not exactly the same. I pay a few buck less and get like 1 or 2 extra channels.

Checking the same thread you created on the other site, people who currently have Choice Extra or Total Choice Plus are currently getting this station, even though it is not listed as a station in said packages on their website.

ok its on Choice Xtra, that's been confirmed. but I'm trying to figure out if the minimum package is Choice. So again, anyone here with ONLY Choice (no Sports Pack) getting it?

The website does say it is part of the sports pack and it does not include it on the list of channels for Choice Extra either.

I have a grandfathered package (Total Choice Plus). Perhaps my older package includes this channel?

That is one of the differences between Total Choice Plus and Choice Extra, unless something has changed recently.

Dishrich is right, Total Choice plus (circa pre-2006) includes CBSCH, formerly CSTV.

New packages (Choice / Choice Xtra) require sports pack to get it.

Unless something changed. I have Choice Xtra, but also have sports pack so I can't answer that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts