CBS East/West SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

teknophyle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I have a question! I finally upgraded to HDTV with DirecTv Also bought a VIZIO 37' HDTV. They were out to install yesterday I got the HR20-700 DVR. I have had CBS East and West 380 and 381 grandfathered for years from Florida to North Carolina now. When they activated the HD feeds of WCBS and KCBS were not activated? Do I need to call then for their activation or do I just continue to get the SD feeds. Can I have them both? What is their policy on grandfathered distants and HDTV Installs?

I believe if you have waivers for CBS SD then you should get one of the HD feeds depending on your location. In your case the east coast feed. Things have changed in the last couple of years. You should call and ask to have the CBS HD feed turned on.

I believe its much easier to get a waver for HD DNS then SD DNS. so you should have no problem getting them. Did you check channel 80 and 81? Because thats where the HD versions of CBS are.

Cbs/ East & West

I talked to someone at DTV today and they told I am grandfathered to receive WCBS and KCBS SD until the law changes again. As far as the HDTV versions of those two stations are concerned I don not qualify because I have HDTV in my market which is considered to be Greenville/Spartenburge SC which is about 110 miles from where I live. I am closer to Charlotte, NC but not according to DTV. Thank for for all your replies.

Yea see where I live I couldn't get any DNS SD channels from east or west. Because I have a local channel market. But since I don't have any HD locals in my local market,They let me have 1 NY HD channel Fox 5 . They still won't let me have the west feed though. I have E* too And they have a different company that provides DNS channels for them. with that company I did quilify for east and west ABC,NBC,CBS,and FOX Out of Atlanta,and San Fran. No HD thought.So I con't wait for football season.

When the HD nets went live on DirecTV, those with SD waivers automatically received the HD version (east and west). Then the rules changed and you could only get either east or west depending on your location. The rules have changed again with regards to waivers, but I'm still grandfathered in (probably until local SD or HD becomes available).

I'm grandfathered on NY/LA SD networks, but was told by D* when I ordered my HD box last week that since I will get the Atlanta HD locals, I won't qualify for the HD signals from NY/LA.

I have this morbid fear that I'll lose the NY/LA SD stations, but looking at the HD stations here on rabbit ears (I just bought my set a week ago) -- I won't be thrilled, but I'll live with it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)