CBS Feed on 97W (C-band)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
what's the deal with getting video on CBS feed tp4100/V/29858, never picked up the tp before scanning with my new Amiko RE STB , get descent signal strength but only get audio, should I try changing the SR a bit?
thanks,

Isn't the CBS feeds encoded in 4:2:2 which most FTA receivers can't decode?

Reactions: dfecarter
You can record and play back on a computer.
Your neighbor told me he was streaming 4:2:2 to his PC and watching that way live.

Reactions: Titanium
I think that one may be The CW. It was last night anyway. My OTA CBS was pretty ratty last night, so fired up the AZbox and watched the feeds. Had to go to 89w to get it though.

Anyone heard any thing new on the possibility of a new receiver coming that does 4.2.2?

You can record and play back on a computer.
Your neighbor told me he was streaming 4:2:2 to his PC and watching that way live.

Yes I was able to watch what I believe was 4:2:2 by streaming from the Amiko miniHD RE to a tablet and also to a windows PC using the stuff that iBoston published a while ago.

Note that it was with a Ku feed on 107 W from Radio Canada (CBC in French). I have not tried on CBS as my C-band setup is not up yet.

Did someone mention my name? I still use my Amiko HDSE. 4:2:2 remains the elusive STB feature.
Yep, and glad to know your software works just fine, as it should, on the HD RE also. :)

Reactions: Brct203
Just a head's up if anyone is planning on purchasing any equipment. CBS is currently testing their new config which is be 4 4:2:2 H264 channels per transponder for network feeds. Testing is suppose to continue in the summer with a target date of fall. More likely then not will be later then that as these things never seem to be done in time.. But 4:2:2 H264 is in the plans

There is a test right now on G19 4100H 29860

Often get MP2, 4:2:0 on that TP (4100). Not getting it at all right now. (7:30am central)
Would think they would be experimenting with H265 with the eventual migration to UHD... but maybe that's the plan anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)