CBS-HD: NFL Pre-Season: New England Patriots vs Carolina Panthers 8pm EST

For me I am going to record this one. I am going to watch Texas Chainsaw next generation until 9pm. Starz is showing the missing at 9pm and will catch underwolrd at 11pm on HBO West.

I'm getting no announcer booth volume here in Atlanta during this game. Its like watching NFL Network's "Sounds of the Game" except its only the fans and the ref I can hear.

CBS HD is awesome!! Much better PQ than ABC. And they have the scoreboard over to the edge of the screen. ABC MNF really sucks on PQ and the score almost to the middle of the screen. I hope FOX does as good a job as CBS.

Pete In Plano said:
CBS HD is awesome!! Much better PQ than ABC. And they have the scoreboard over to the edge of the screen. ABC MNF really sucks on PQ and the score almost to the middle of the screen. I hope FOX does as good a job as CBS.
Thats because your ABC affialiate is probably multicasting. Last year MNF was the best looking thing on TV, a real treat. But now I have ABC news now channel and a weather radar, MNF is 14 mbps and it SUCKSS!!!!!!!!!!!

I was doing a side by side comparison with the football game OTA through VOOM and the CBS that DirecTV offers us in NY in HD. No big surprise the OTA wins out ...even my wife noticed it ( I'm training her ). I have always felt that any HD on CBS is the best out of the big 4 local Ch's.

CBS out of Washington DC recently started multicasting a radar/weather channel. The football and basketball action last year was excellent, however last nights New England vs Carolina game was terrible: still action shots were fine - action shots were pixilating and choke full of artifacts. The 2Mb of bandwidth they are wasting on the radar subchannel (that nobody watches) has reduced a high quality CBS sports production to Suck-O-Vison!

Stop multicasting WUSA-DT!!!

That is true, my CBS affiliate does not have any subchannels. But, the scoreboard on ABC is too far over, same with ESPN (cause ABC owns them too).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)