Cbs Hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

towelie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
What's the deal with the CBS HD channel? I have the HD package, and am in a major city area (Boston), should I be getting this?

thanks

yes, but you might have to call them to turn it on, it might not be automatic

yes

I am in the Boston area too. All I had to do was call DirecTV and tell them I wanted it and they check some system then activate it. Was pretty simple to do too.

Do you guys know what other channels besides CBS-HD are not automatic & needs to be activated by DirecTV?

I don't think there are any others, everything else was working for me when it was setup the first time. The only reason you have to call for CBS-HD is because DirecTV needs to check their system to make sure there is the proper waiver and/or your region can get the broadcast over satellite according to FCC regulations.

Can I get it if I fill out a waiver if I live in an area that has CBS but isn't an owned and operated station?

Should be able too. Last year when I got my 6000, I talked to the "local"cbs(only 300 miles away)engineer told him my plight and was granted a waiver for Cbs-hd, East and West... the sd versions came along with it. (already had all but abc on D* and have had for years)

That's the thing. I get my local CBS through Directv. I'm 5 miles from Louisville. But, trying to get their HD counterpart is crappy. That's what I'm wondering about.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts