Cbs Hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Distant Network subs get the HD AUTOMATICALLY with a subscription to the HD package.

Well, they won't qualify me for CBS-HD NY or LA here. The D* woman said even though it's O&O she still had to send a waiver to the station. I called tongith and they said if it wasn't hooked up yet I won't get it. I did tell them they should remove Minneapolis from that O&O list, but she became standoffish and rude... D* has been giving me that lately when I have problems regarding HD. Might be they don't train these people well enough on HDTV and they are simply frustrated.

I think I am goign to try again, but I was curious if anyone else was turned down. Honestly I would rather have CBS-HD LA and from the sounds of it, all I would have to do is ask and I might get it - from the initial call that's the impression I got. You "can" though it's not a guarantee. I figure if NY isn't a guarantee what do I have to lose.

BTW, the OTA antennae the D* installers put up is perfect. I get everything wonderfully , though it is true we haven't had a rain lately... bit too cold huh? Also I shop in the Walmart and Home Depot in Shakopee. Small world!

Iceberg said:
You got a numbskull...I use to live in Shakopee (about 15 minutes west of Burnsville)..The only reason I got KEYC decent was because I had a huge ass antenna and had to point it in that direction. E*'s rules qualied me at the time, why wouldnt D*'s?

Here is what D*'s eligibility says (If you have a channel that is Grade A or B you dont qualify for distants..In this case, if a CBS other than WCCO is on there, your screwed.)

Eligibilty review for the following:
burnsville, MN 55337
Network Affiliate Channel Status
ABC KSTP 5 Grade A (strong signal)
CBS WCCO 4 Grade A (strong signal)
NBC KARE 11 Grade A (strong signal)
FOX KMSP 9 Grade A (strong signal)

You're OK...you qualify..no waiver needed.

As for the OTA..All the Mpls stations (minus KPXM 41 PAX) is in the same area in Shoreview, so OTA does work great!

35 starts up in Duluth and splits in Forest Lake (just north of the Twin Cities)..35W goes through Mpls and 35 E goes through St Paul...They hook back up south of Burnsville back to 35 and continue along.

veander said:
Well, they won't qualify me for CBS-HD NY or LA here. The D* woman said even though it's O&O she still had to send a waiver to the station. I called tongith and they said if it wasn't hooked up yet I won't get it. I did tell them they should remove Minneapolis from that O&O list, but she became standoffish and rude... D* has been giving me that lately when I have problems regarding HD. Might be they don't train these people well enough on HDTV and they are simply frustrated.

I think I am goign to try again, but I was curious if anyone else was turned down. Honestly I would rather have CBS-HD LA and from the sounds of it, all I would have to do is ask and I might get it - from the initial call that's the impression I got. You "can" though it's not a guarantee. I figure if NY isn't a guarantee what do I have to lose.

BTW, the OTA antennae the D* installers put up is perfect. I get everything wonderfully , though it is true we haven't had a rain lately... bit too cold huh? Also I shop in the Walmart and Home Depot in Shakopee. Small world!

Glad to hear they got the OTA antennae working perfect! It still boggles my mind that they wont give you CBS-HD when in your post they admitted it was a O&O, "yet you need a waiver". That contradicts the rules. You might want to try the supervisor route. I cant vouch for CBS-HD because I have Dish (and do qualify for it).
You think its cold in the cities? Last Sunday morning it was -22 at the lake house in Aitkin...havent been to the new Home Depot yet (they just opened a couple weeks ago) but next time I'm in the cities, I'll have to check it out.

AS a complete follow up I was officially mailed a note denying me CBS HD when I should, by their rules, get it. granted I am losing nothing here. I still have CBS HD from WCCO locally (the O&O market in Mpls), but it woul dhave been nice if a company would have come through on their promise...

I posted a new post about this btw to fully explain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts