CBS March Madness Basketball

I've been between OTA and DishHD and I've seen it quite a bit. It is a CBS thing for sure. Has been irritating me as well.

Mine's OTA too and the problem has got to be with the affiliate because I watched the CBS highlights on ESPN HD this morning and the PQ was a lot better there....

No offense to those that are fanboys of 1080i, but this is exactly why I think 720p should be used for anything outside of still-type shows with talking heads.

WISC-3 in Madison multicasts MYTV on 3-2 and 3-1 CBS looks like total garbage. The screen actually blurrs and the sharpness comes back when the motion is still. It's horrible.

Watched via OTA and the picture looked good. The dish NYC feed looked HORRIBLE though. Although it seems like that might be the fault of the local CBS station.

WISC-3 in Madison multicasts MYTV on 3-2 and 3-1 CBS looks like total garbage. The screen actually blurs and the sharpness comes back when the motion is still. It's horrible.

My local CBS here in South Bend has the same issue with all Football and basketball games. From what I gathered digging on the web it's an issue with the Harris Flexicoder most CBS stations use at there end. When to much information is received it basically freezes the picture and then rebuilds the image. This is what causes the blur. Apparently most where set to Automatic when they were installed. The proposed solution is to set the MPEG prefilter to off instead of Adaptive in manual mode.

I'm no engineer so It's very possible theres other things at play. I've emailed WSBT here in South Bend to see what they have to say.

Here in Raleigh, NC - we only currently have OTA for CBS and they reconfigured their OTA Digital as 4 SD Channels. Only Cable Subs or D* could get the HD feed.

We were stuck with SD for the first 2 rounds. On Monday, they reconfigured back to One main HD and one SD channel. We'll see what the sweet 16 looks like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts