CBS, NBC, CW ON KU BAND?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Galaxy 17 at 91.0°W - LyngSat

Just above the listings is 89. to 93 KU. on the right side. Click to next degree and click the satellite. It gives a listing of what is on each satellite. ALL of them, search the bottom to see what is clear, or have to pay.
This link is for Galaxy 17 @91W.

http://www.ftalist.com/g18.htm

I just looked at this web-site. But I did not notice if it needs a 'big dish' like Iceberg said.

Look at my post of 'best set-up?' I have some questions again.

Last edited:
NBC is on 103w Ku, but you would need either a PCI DVB card (PC based) with the Elecard codec installed or a receiver capable of receiving 4:2:2 DVB (such as the QualiTV).

tron, u just lost me. explain in english what that means and what ineed to do to get it, and the cost estimate

NBC is on AMC1 KU but its in 4:2:2 which most FTA receivers cannot handle. The only option to get those are the Quali-TV receiver (runs about 700 bucks) or a PC card

NBC is on AMC1 KU but its in 4:2:2 which most FTA receivers cannot handle. The only option to get those are the Quali-TV receiver (runs about 700 bucks) or a PC card

NBC is also on AMC-1 KU as DVB-S2 using 4:2:0. Still means buying something (S2-compatible receiver or a PC card) though. I can watch these using my Pansat 9200HD with the add-on DVB-S2 board.

Didn't know about the S2 programming (probably because I have nothing that will receive S2 yet ;) ), thanks for the information!

tron, u just lost me. explain in english what that means and what ineed to do to get it, and the cost estimate

Krisman, there are cards for PCs which are capable of receiving a multitude of satellite signals. Since the software on the computer does the decoding, these cards can be more flexible than many receivers at tuning in oddball signals. They aren't very expensive (around $50-$75 for most) and they can use your PC hard drive for recording. Those are the pros. The cons are that they are not as user friendly as most receivers, they do not offer blind scan, and they are very difficult to use for dish aiming purposes.

I use 2.4 meter (8 foot) dish on C-Band at 99°W to get CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, & CW. Signal is strong, so you could perhaps do it with 6 ft dish. Stations are Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands, so the programming is network with a Caribbean flavor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)