CBS Newspath Feeds on 99.0W on KU Band?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Has anyone actually seen any CBS Feeds on 99.0W on KU Band? Yesterday I scanned in that Satellite and all I can see is a stationary picture of a City New York?, and no one talking or speaking on 2 CBS Channels V - 11792, & 11785, and nothing at all on WBZ, & NYC Path 2? The only channel I can see with picture & sound is Belarus TV on H - 11779. Also AGHappy and AAFES scanned in but there is no picture or sound. Also Quality Levels on the Tps vary wildly from 33 up to 91!!
Has anyone succeeded in actually picking up channels on 99.0W on KU??

Probably wouldn't have been much on Sunday, you should see the skyline shot on there tonight if they follow the usual routine.

Signal strength on 99W Ku varies all over the place (but generally poor) for me too.

One of the two silent channels, I think it's AAFES, has a radio station on the 2nd audio PID. I've never listened to it long enough to figure out who it is.

Thanks for the replies guys. Turbo the Skyline shot is back again tonight on 2 channels. Dougruss I'll checkout that Tp. Jim S, yeah the Signal Quality for me is varying from a low of 32 up to 92, as you mention - that is really wild.

I just spent two weeks working at the AAFES BX at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, and they had "piped in" musac, all over the place. I have often wondered if this is what is on that satellite. I think I'll ask next time I am there, in late February. I too haven't listened long enough to find out if this is what is there, but if you hear a commercial for using 'your star card' you'll know that is what it is.

Photto

I just spent two weeks working at the AAFES BX at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, and they had "piped in" musac, all over the place. I have often wondered if this is what is on that satellite. I think I'll ask next time I am there, in late February. I too haven't listened long enough to find out if this is what is there, but if you hear a commercial for using 'your star card' you'll know that is what it is.

Photto

On the Openbox there is Music playing on AAFES at this time. Audio button on Remote, should have 3 choices...select Sound 3 . :up

There are 2 music feeds on the AAFES channel. One was mostly Holiday tunes during the Christmas season.
I have no idea what Aghapy is supposed to be. Never found anything on it.

Aghapy...it was on 93W when that sat was doing good...then it crapped out so they moved to 99W. They're on 97W now
Aghapy TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

whoops...guess they're not on 97W anymore. From their website

By the blessings of God, effective April 15, 2009, Aghapy TV is now available on Dish Network channel 775. The Free-to-Air broadcasting through Telstar Galaxy 25 will soon be discontinued.

huh...$5 on Dish as an add-on to one of the Arabic packs...which start at 30 bucks.

TSReader shows both Aghapy and AAFES are both still listed in the PAT, but neither is actually being streamed. Only the two audio channels in AAFES are actually there. About 90% null pids at this time.

The only channel I can see with picture & sound is Belarus TV on H - 11779.
But "The list" says Belarus TV on 99W is at 11750 H 14000 and it's encrypted. Is it DVB-S2?
Are there any other Russian language channels on 99W in the clear? I am watching Belarus TV on 97W but I wonder if there are other Russian channels on 99W that are not listed.

But "The list" says Belarus TV on 99W is at 11750 H 14000 and it's encrypted. Is it DVB-S2?
Are there any other Russian language channels on 99W in the clear? I am watching Belarus TV on 97W but I wonder if there are other Russian channels on 99W that are not listed.

Micksh, its on 99.0W on Ku Band: H -11799 / 29997, and it's Not scrambled. It's the only Russian channel on this Satellite - at least that scanned in. It scanned in on my Azbox Premium Plus Receiver, but previously nothing on that Satellite (99.0W on KU), would scan in on my older Viewsat Receiver.

Belarus on 99W Ku is part of a mux of Russian channels, but the rest are scrambled. Belarus is usually scrambled too (which doesn't make much sense since it's always FTA on 97W Ku), but it's been unscrambled for weeks.

The one on 99W is DVB-S2, MPEG4, widescreen 576i, and AAC sound. It also has EPG data.

I actually got KOLD TV on that satellite today momentarily. It went away though. It was like one of those practice feeds for the news where nothing is edited yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)