CBS NFL Game not in High Def ?

lsh1885

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
Orlando, Florida
I thought all NFL games are suppose to be in High Def. I am watching Indianapolis
VS. Jacksonville on CBS-Orlando and is being carried only in standard here.

No Strings said:
CBS's HD signal is horrible. It may be HD but it is like a 10Meg carrier's worth. Looks crappy on my Midcontinet Cable.
Neal, it might be your CBS affiliate broadcasts subchannel(s) that sap bits from the HD stream. In our market the CBS station has a 480p UPN subchannel as well as a 24-hour WX forecast/current conditions feed. Their HD signal shows signs of bit starvation during HD programming with action, say an NFL football game.

Foxbat said:
Neal, it might be your CBS affiliate broadcasts subchannel(s) that sap bits from the HD stream. In our market the CBS station has a 480p UPN subchannel as well as a 24-hour WX forecast/current conditions feed. Their HD signal shows signs of bit starvation during HD programming with action, say an NFL football game.
I am guessing that is what the deal is with me too. Same deal with UPN/weather channel. Which is ok because there are tornados floating by down here. :eek:

Neal

korsjs said:
no cbs games in hd for me this week, but cbs usually looks better to me than fox does.
Here here! The Chicago-Detriot game on my Fox affiliate looks like every camera had a piece of 10% window tinting on the lens. It was almost bright enough to make out the players on the field and I think it was sunny in Chi-town.

No Strings said:
CBS's HD signal is horrible. It may be HD but it is like a 10Meg carrier's worth. Looks crappy on my Midcontinet Cable. Fox looks outstanding though.

Neal
Up here in Portland, we get a fabulous CBS picture.

cdru.
My lions vs. Bears on FOX looked very good, although I was watching on the OTA antenna, maybe that was why....

Picture looked great, lions did not :confused: :eek: :eek:

Jimbo

Here in the Cincinnati area FOX rules when it come to the HD picture quality.CBS is terrible,that is when ever they broadcast a game in HD.The night before however the Florida vs. Tenn. game was televised in HD and it looked pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)