CBS Orders 'NCIS: New Orleans', 'The Odd Couple', 'Stalker', 'Madam Secretary', 'Scorpion' & 'The Mc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BoiseStateFan4Life

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 23, 2013
United States
CBS has placed orders on those shows along with Battle Creek.

Fates of Intelligence, The Mentalist, The Crazy Ones, Friends with Better Lives, Bad Teacher, and Hostages are still up.

According to reports, CBS is done ordering shows. Notable series being passed on include How I Met Your Dad and Red Zone.

As mentioned, bubble shows are still hanging in the balance. Fall schedule should come out somewhere around Wednesday.

According to reports, CBS is done ordering shows. Notable series being passed on include How I Met Your Dad and Red Zone.

As mentioned, bubble shows are still hanging in the balance. Fall schedule should come out somewhere around Wednesday.
Not yet.

Although CBS is denying that a decision has been made, the buzz (confirmed by TVLine) is that the network has ordered How I Met Your Mother spin-off How I Met Your Dad to series.

http://tvline.com/2014/05/08/cbs-new-series-fall-2014-how-i-met-your-dad/

S~

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/05/cbs-passed-over-its-remaing-pilots.html

Even if CBS somehow picks it up, their schedule is jammed packed. They have ordered 8 shows, 6 dramas and 2 comedies. Though it's a far stretch, the bubble shows are still somewhat alive, despite the very high chances of cancellations.

I really question what CBS is doing this year. They acquired TNF, which already jacks the schedule up for about six weeks, but they are adding 3 times as much dramas as they did last year and two more shows from last season. It will be interesting how the schedule will pan out. I think 1 comedy will go through a 22-24 episode season while the other one will be put off until late-midseason. As for the dramas.....I just don't see any of these going the full 22-24 episode seasons. 6 dramas??? They will all probably shoot for 13 episodes to create more room. 2 for fall, 2 for mid-season, and 2 for summer? Judging from patterns for CBS, they are really trying out summer shows a lot. They have I believe three dramas during the summer now (Under the Dome, Extant, and Reckless). Who knows? They might toss one of the bubble shows to the summer like they did with Unforgettable and see how it pans out.

I would love to see the networks get serious about summer shows. Perhaps Under The Dome had good enough ratings to inspire some more programming.

As said in another thread, Intelligence has been cancelled (sad face :() along with every other bubble show EXCEPT for the Mentalist.

The Mentalist has been renewed for a seventh season. Guess Patrick Jane has one final season left under his belt.

I would love to see the networks get serious about summer shows. Perhaps Under The Dome had good enough ratings to inspire some more programming.
Good ratings, but terrible at everything else. Hehe.

Honestly, I sometimes wonder why summer programming isn't valued as much as Fall/Winter/Spring. I really think summer attracts the much desired 18-49 group more than the other seasons. Not many people like to do anything during the summer, especially work and obviously, school. There are the teens and college students who really don't do much during the summer. They have more free-time and less work to do unlike the other seasons where the school year falls under. If the show is at an appropriate time, has the talent and potential, and of course is eye-candy, then broadcast networks can make a lot of money by using their summer time slots on new programming instead of running repeats all summer long . Summer brings more shows and it can definitely save shows (Cost cuts do come along for some cases). I really hope CBS looks more in-depth into the summer. Under the Dome was a good show to pass time on while anxiously waiting for the other shows that are on their summer hiatus. CBS is a network of talent and has a lot of good shows. It can definitely be better.

I am just saying this because I am still hoping for some miracle for Intelligence. Hehe. I'm in the grieving process but for a show like that with a star-studded cast, the show kind of feels wasted. Great idea, just never got the attention that it wanted. Never got the time-slot it deserved and never got the ratings that it needed because of the time-slot. It feels like the show was doomed from the start and it hurts to say that. I've only been watching CBS for about 3 or 4 years and I have already been screwed over for three years already. CSI Miami got dumped then a year later, CSI NY and Golden Boy bit the dust, and now Intelligence has received the ax a year later. I will probably be attracted to almost all of the dramas and probably knowing that 5 of the 6 will probably be cancelled. Fans >>>>>>>>>>> Money. No fans, no money. CBS should be smarter next year.

Last edited:
FYI....CBS sucks!:D One show (Survivor) NFL and NCAA football and BB is all I watch on the entire network.I haven't enjoyed a scripted show on CBS since Jericho_Oh I'm lying,I do watch Under the Dome during the summer.But CBS programming still sux.

I watch a lot of the CBS shows, I should say I watch CBS shows more than other networks.

I missed Jericho, but caught up with it on Netflix and now know what everyone else liked about it.

I DON'T watch reality shows ... period.

I watch a lot of the CBS shows, I should say I watch CBS shows more than other networks.

I missed Jericho, but caught up with it on Netflix and now know what everyone else liked about it.

I DON'T watch reality shows ... period.

The only reality show I weekly watched was Dancing with the Stars and when I was really bored the opening episode of the Bachelor and the finale. The middle I never watched because it was all manufactured drama.

FYI....CBS sucks!:D One show (Survivor) NFL and NCAA football and BB is all I watch on the entire network.I haven't enjoyed a scripted show on CBS since Jericho_Oh I'm lying,I do watch Under the Dome during the summer.But CBS programming still sux.

CBS has the best scripted dramas of any broadcast or cable networks IMO. Of course, the CSI and NCIS series are getting a bit long-in-the-tooth.

Honestly, I sometimes wonder why summer programming isn't valued as much as Fall/Winter/Spring.
People's schedules are much more fluid in the summer, with more outdoor evening activities. Hard to keep people watching the same show week to week. With the advent of DVR's, viewership is more steady, but without them, it's next to impossible to keep a steady viewership.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat with all their shows. They really ring out as much as they can from one concept that's for sure.

CBS has always seemed like old folk programming to me.Where's the sci fi,fantasy,and action?CSI just reminds me of Perry Mason and Quincy MD lol.AMC HBO and FX all have better scripted shows to me.

CBS has always seemed like old folk programming to me.Where's the sci fi,fantasy,and action?CSI just reminds me of Perry Mason and Quincy MD lol.AMC HBO and FX all have better scripted shows to me.

POI, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds and Good Wife and some of the 'thinking' shows are well-done. Others, such as NCIS are CSI (groundbreaking shows I enjoyed for years) are old and stale IMO. I still cannot believe CSI replaced Lawrence Fishburne with Ted "Grandpa" Danson. Fishburne's character rocked and introduced an element of danger into the lineup, while Ted Danson's character may as well be taking drink orders. Ugh! Meanwhile, Lawrence Fishburne's Hannibal is not drawing many viewers on NBC...yet, this show is one of the darkest, bestest, most stupendest works on all of television. Go Figure! Regardless, it's hard to argue against CBS' broadcasting and business magic...they draw the most viewers year-in and year-out.

HBO has a few nice shows, but they're a premium cable network (and can show tits and asses too) and don't have to deal with all the FCC rules & regulations - so it's impossible to make any comparisons; AMC has a few good shows and a whole lot of crap; FX is just as bad as CW IMO.

POI, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds and Good Wife and some of the 'thinking' shows are well-done. Others, such as NCIS are CSI (groundbreaking shows I enjoyed for years) are old and stale IMO. I still cannot believe CSI replaced Lawrence Fishburne with Ted "Grandpa" Danson. Fishburne's character rocked and introduced an element of danger into the lineup, while Ted Danson's character may as well be taking drink orders. Ugh! Meanwhile, Lawrence Fishburne's Hannibal is not drawing many viewers on NBC...yet, this show is one of the darkest, bestest, most stupendest works on all of television. Go Figure! Regardless, it's hard to argue against CBS' broadcasting and business magic...they draw the most viewers year-in and year-out.

HBO has a few nice shows, but they're a premium cable network (and can show tits and asses too) and don't have to deal with all the FCC rules & regulations - so it's impossible to make any comparisons; AMC has a few good shows and a whole lot of crap; FX is just as bad as CW IMO.
I didn't like Fishburne that much on CSI. I don't know where you got the danger part from because he was a doctor and the last thing he wanted was violence. That psychopathic killer that almost killed him was the only reason why his character became interesting. We saw what he was capable of in his final season but the first one or two was just a bit off and I saw a "plain" character I guess. He didn't do much other than doing his job. Danson is a lot more sharper and adds more spice to an already old show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)