CBS Seeks to Unwind Retrans Agreement With Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ah yes, the alternate timeline. I want the old timeline back.

The Prime Universe still exists. Nero's incursion didn't change the timeline of the Prime Universe. As far as those in the Prime Universe are concerned, Nero and Spock are one big missing persons case. However, when Nero and Spock passed through into the Alternate Universe, they DID alter events in that universe. Essentially the same way incursions into the Mirror Universe from the Prime Universe affected development in those realities. From a practical perspective, though there will almost certainly be no new TV series set in the Alternate Universe, since CBS owns the rights to TV and game development and Paramount owns the rights to the feature films. The two companies don't see eye to eye on most things, so a new TV series would be set in the Prime Universe. Personally, I would love to see a series set in the Mirror Universe.

Ignoring that JJ Abrams pile of turds doesn't mean it never happened.

On the contrary. I'm not ignoring it in the least. I'm quite fond of it.

Exactly. In more talented hands, it could have been a fantastic origins story. And, now they've given that hack the Star Wars franchise to f up, as well.

They should let him concentrate on SW, since Lucas already ruined it, and give ST to Josh Wheadon, or just about anybody with a better understanding and greater love for the genre than Abrams.

It wasn't meant to be an origin story. It was meant to be a "what if" scenario in an alternate universe. Basically the way the Mirror Universe episodes were, and the TNG episode "Parallels" However, it was tied directly to events in the Prime Universe.

And to make anyone see what we were paying in 1996 when DISH started, for top 40 channels was $19.95 a month and today for the lowest regular programming pack top 120 (without sports rsn) : $49.99 . Top 120+(with sports rsn) $59.99. The only way you can still stay around $19.99 a month in price, is the Welcome pack in SD and you only get around 20 random channels , including shopping channels.

Don't forget in 1996 you could pick 10 for $10. Yep, Ala Carte was a feature with Dish Network in 1996.

I wanted to use the "Dislike Post" but it would be misleading. It's not the post, it's the content - mow the yard, paint, yada yada...... :)

It wasn't meant to be an origin story. It was meant to be a "what if" scenario in an alternate universe. Basically the way the Mirror Universe episodes were, and the TNG episode "Parallels" However, it was tied directly to events in the Prime Universe.
No. It was meant to be an origin story that didn't tie that hack down to previously established ST canon. He wanted the freedom to do what he wanted. It would have been so much better as a true origins story that showed us how the characters, places, and things became as we knew them, as opposed to a simple action movie.

Weekend chores.

You know , mow the yard, paint the porch, wash the car, wash the dogs,,.......... Just not all the same weekend.

I wanted to use the "Dislike Post" but it would be misleading. It's not the post, it's the content - mow the yard, paint, yada yada...... :)
Hiring a gardener was the best thing I ever did.

Right now we've got the Top 200 with Blockbuster. I could save a little bit by dropping down a package, but there's very little point to it. Plus, with NBC Sports getting the rights to Formula One, I've got to upgrade to the Top 250! Fortunately, I can drop back to a cheaper package after the season ends next November, but that's nine months of $10 more a month.I got Dish back in 1996 because F1 moved from ESPN to ESPN 2 which our cable company didn't carry at the time. I upgraded from AT60 to AT120 when they moved to Speedvision a few years later. A few less lattés for me this year, I guess...
Same here, I'm an Indycar and F1 fan, so I need to upgrade to get NBCSN. I really wish that'd drop to Top200. As it stands, I get full seasons of Indy and F1 for ~$90 (I drop down in the winter). A single F1 ticket is much more, and Indycar tickets are ~$80 or so. So for the price of a single ticket (or fraction for F1), I get full seasons of both for me and my girlfriend. I don't mind when I look at it that way.

A single F1 ticket is much more, and Indycar tickets are ~$80 or so. So for the price of a single ticket (or fraction for F1), I get full seasons of both for me and my girlfriend. I don't mind when I look at it that way.
That's an excellent suggestion! Considering the cost to attend the F1 race in Austin could run well over $4,500 (according to the flyer I received from the event organizer) that $90 for the next package up will be no trouble to justify. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)