CC messed up on 722K

skipw

Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
NC
My wife uses Closed Caption a lot and lately it gets all messed up on some of her recorded shows. The words come out as random text.
We have a VIP722k Dish Receiver. I've tried rebooting which doesn't fix the problem. Other recordings and live TV seem to be working OK.
Has anyone come across this problem and is there a way to correct it?

My wife uses Closed Caption a lot and lately it gets all messed up on some of her recorded shows. The words come out as random text.
We have a VIP722k Dish Receiver. I've tried rebooting which doesn't fix the problem. Other recordings and live TV seem to be working OK.
Has anyone come across this problem and is there a way to correct it?

Have you tried the different captioning services?

I had no idea there were options, I'll take a look. Is there one that is more reliable than others?

I had no idea there were options, I'll take a look. Is there one that is more reliable than others?

I really could not say. I rarely use CC. The option is available on the main CC menue.

In my opinion Dish has always had problems with CC. I have read in a post some where that if you disconnect the HDMI and use component the CC will supposedly work but I've never tried doing that.

I tried all of the different services (0-6) and still only get about every 10th word looking like any type of language.
This TV isn't connected with HDMI so I can't blame it on that.
It seems to be working fine on Live TV, so maybe it had a bad feed at the time of the recording.... I don't really know how it works.
It's not all recordings and I haven't really had a chance to check it out to see if it's related to certain channels.

You are talking DVR recordings? I get garbled CC on DVD recordings I make because of the stabilizer box that has to be used to record premium channels. It doesn't happen on DVR recordings as far as I know. I don't use it too often so I don't know if it always works.

It would be nice if CC was easy to turn on and off rather than being buried in the 722K's menus. The old SD Dish receivers/DVR passed CC through, and OTA HD channels have it in their signal so it can be selected with one press of the TV remote. Why is it so difficult for Dish to do the same with their HD receivers? :mad:

It would be nice if CC was easy to turn on and off rather than being buried in the 722K's menus. The old SD Dish receivers/DVR passed CC through, and OTA HD channels have it in their signal so it can be selected with one press of the TV remote. Why is it so difficult for Dish to do the same with their HD receivers? :mad:

Agree. It's buried on my current TV also. My last TV, same brand, had a CC key on the remote. I've got my universal setup with a macro for CC but it would still be a lot better with a dedicated key on the remote.

The trouble I'm having is not with OTA, It happened on A&E, TNT and USA. It may have just been a bad signal during that particular time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts