CC on file

R0ss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
Ayer, Ma
So we decided to take a break from pay TV and cut the cord. Of course my on line account is now inactive, out of curiosity what happens to my credit card info that was on file for autopay? I don't owe Dish anything as I cancelled before the end of the billing cycle.

Ross

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So we decided to take a break from pay TV and cut the cord. Of course my on line account is now inactive, out of curiosity what happens to my credit card info that was on file for autopay? I don't owe Dish anything as I cancelled before the end of the billing cycle.

Ross

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing happens to the card on file if everything is paid up and equipment returned. It won't be used again if nothing is owed.

If it makes you feel better, just call the card company and have them issue you a new one (you can state you lost it, if you want or just say that you think someone has your card number). They will be HAPPY to cancel the current card and send you a new one in less than a week. I always do that if I have concerns about my card being used without my consent.

When I disconnected from DTV, I had to pay a huge ETF, which was fine, but I wanted to pay it after my equipment was credited.

I called and told my credit card company I suspected some invalid fees being charged to my card and they sent me a new number.

Glad I did too.. because I got an email from DTV shortly thereafter stating they were unable to process my payment for over a hundred more than I owed. Sure enough, once the next statement cycled, my balance due was correct and I called and zeroed out my account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)