Hopper Thoughts - I'm Looking For a Reason To Leap or Stay

MagnumVP

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
CA
I currently have two ViP 722 receivers connected independently to two HD TV's. Our primary one has the Sling adapter and an External HD.

We are considering going to the Hopper for the interface and more than 2 records at once. However, I'm not sure I want to get rid of a system that I'm so familiar with that just works. If I get the Hopper/Joey they won't let me keep either of my 722 receivers so I'm forced to jump in feet first without testing the water.

How does anyone else feel about their Hopper? Would you make the same decision if you could go back?

I currently have two ViP 722 receivers connected independently to two HD TV's. Our primary one has the Sling adapter and an External HD.

We are considering going to the Hopper for the interface and more than 2 records at once. However, I'm not sure I want to get rid of a system that I'm so familiar with that just works. If I get the Hopper/Joey they won't let me keep either of my 722 receivers so I'm forced to jump in feet first without testing the water.

How does anyone else feel about their Hopper? Would you make the same decision if you could go back?

I have n original and new model, I would never go back. This system is far superior to a 722.

Original and New model? I wasn't aware there were two. Thank you for the information. I'd have to assume that I would be getting the newer model if I were to order today.

The new Sling loaded Hopper is at least a $200.00 upgrade fee. If you would like to PM me your account or phone number and the four digit pin number on the account, I can review your account and advise what it would cost. Please also let me know how many TV's you have in your home. Thank you!

Original and New model? I wasn't aware there were two. Thank you for the information. I'd have to assume that I would be getting the newer model if I were to order today.

The new model has Sling built in and ability to transfer to iPad (ONLY iPad). If neither interests you or applies, goes with the Original. $50.00 upgrade vs. $200.00

The new Sling loaded Hopper is at least a $200.00 upgrade fee. If you would like to PM me your account or phone number and the four digit pin number on the account, I can review your account and advise what it would cost. Please also let me know how many TV's you have in your home. Thank you!

I PM'ed you my info. If you need anything else let me know.

Let us know what you decided and what kind of deal you got. We live vicariously here. :)

Well I sent her my information and haven't heard back. Kind of makes me nervous that I just sent someone full access to my account... but we'll see. :confused:

In post #7 Mary says she sent you information back. You did not get it?

Unless you rally want the ability to transfer recordings on to an iPad you would be just fine with getting two of the regular Hoppers since you already have the Sling adapter. Since you are not running side two of the 722 receivers to other TVs you would have an easy transition to the Hopper. If I were you I would get two Hoppers for a total of 6 tuners. Your monthly bill should actually go down with the Hopper also.

Really want the iPad transfer... no not really. I don't even use the iPad. It's the wife and kids and I can see a use for it when we go on long trips and the kids want to watch a show they have recorded. But then again, it's it really worth the $200?

Just get two regular Hoppers. Upgrade may cost $100 or more but it would be well worth it. Your extra monthly fees would only be $17. You should be paying $24 with your current setup.

They won't me have two Hopper's without the Joey. The reason I'm considering the Hopper with Load Along is because I also want to get the OTA USB dongle and the external sling will use up a USB port.

They won't me have two Hopper's without the Joey. The reason I'm considering the Hopper with Load Along is because I also want to get the OTA USB dongle and the external sling will use up a USB port.

Just order 2H/2J, have installer activate all receivers, when installer leaves call Dish and tell them you don't need the Joeys. They'll send boxes out for them.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

you would have to sign up for 2H/2J and then drop the two joeys during the install. If you have a relationship with a local retailer that does Dish installs, they can set up those special order configurations that don't include joeys with a little less hassle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)