CCTV Not Broadcasting anymore on Galaxy 3C - 95.0W??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Just checked 95.0W Galaxy 3C and noticed that all 3 CCTV channels (CCTV 4, CCTV 9, & CCTV E & F - 11780 20760 H 3/4) now say: No Audio & No Video! Does anyone know if this is an abberation just for today, re Transponder Troubles, or have we lost some more FTA Channel(s)? AON however does still work on 95.0W. Any replies would be appreciated.

well the bad news....screen is black

now the good news...did a manual TP scan and they still scanned in (same PIDS) and at same signal...so that means issue at source and not the TP :)

(Hoping) :D

well the bad news....screen is black

now the good news...did a manual TP scan and they still scanned in (same PIDS) and at same signal...so that means issue at source and not the TP :)

(Hoping) :D

Thanks IceBerg, that's a bummer since I really did enjoy the English News and Documentaries on CCTV - 9 re China info. Also what do you mean by PIDS? Lets hope it comes back!!

Thanks IceBerg, that's a bummer since I really did enjoy the English News and Documentaries on CCTV - 9 re China info. Also what do you mean by PIDS? Lets hope it comes back!!

They are back now!
As a side note, the RTNs (racetrack network) ALL changed PIDs today. Can't tell you how much fun I had moving, replacing, and deleting them!

Yep there are all back. Thanks Keith. Sorry about that Folks, but how or why does this happen?

Yep there are all back. Thanks Keith. Sorry about that Folks, but how or why does this happen?

Storms or power failures at the uplink centre. The Equity channels on G10R have a history of similar problems (and get similar posts when they are down).

And PIDs are the info for each channel on the transponder (video, audio, and PCR). For example CCTV4 V:512 A:650 PCR:128, CCTV9 V:513 A:660 PCR:129, and CCTV E&F V:514 A:670 PCR:130

No problem with those CCTV channels on G3 , I had lost them for awhile, but re-scanned Sat and got them back. CCTV is a great signal on that satellite, could get it with a pie-plate I think.

Last edited:
PIDS are needed in a digital world because they put more than one channel per transponder. When stuff was analog, it was one channel per TP.

With digital they need PIDS...these tell the transponder that Channel A is on these PIDS and Channel B is on these other pids.

Thanks a lot for all the great info guys.

And Turbosat, (re the pie - plate comment, lol) - yes 95.0W for CCTV (and the entire Satellite) is an extremely strong Signal.

Storms or power failures at the uplink centre. The Equity channels on G10R have a history of similar problems (and get similar posts when they are down).

And PIDs are the info for each channel on the transponder (video, audio, and PCR). For example CCTV4 V:512 A:650 PCR:128, CCTV9 V:513 A:660 PCR:129, and CCTV E&F V:514 A:670 PCR:130

Inbound fiber problem...No power or Uplink issues with this...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts