CCTV now on Galaxy 19 (97W)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

zinco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Canada
Just did a Blindscan on Galaxy 19 (97W) and got all CCTV channels (TP 11782 H 20757) that are normally found on 91W.

CCTV News
CCTV 9 Doccumentary
CCTV 4
CCTV Francais
CCTV Espanol

Now Galaxy 19 (97W) has all the news channels (Al-Jazeera English, Press TV, CNC World and RT) except France 24 and NHK World (Japan).

BTW, the TP signal is weak and cuts off during rain. The signal on all my other TPs are fine.

CCTV is actually on 95W which you are probably getting bleedover.

The fact you post its weak confirms my above....They are very strong on 95W so the bleedover onto 97W makes it weak ;)

Oh! I was wrong then :( The signal comes in at around 60%, if no rain then it's watchable.

So let me try this, I'll blindscan 95W, let's see what else I can get.

Just to add that CCTV is not that stable. You might have it for hours then lose it.

How I wish it would come in on 97! It would be a nice addition to the 101/97 combo using the 60e Starchoice dish but there was no way I would get even a lock with this combo without compromising 101 or 97 here in Toronto.

BTW, I replaced my old FortecStar LNB (0.4 NF) with a DigiWave LNB (0.3 NF) and now I lost it. I tried to make a compromise and I managed to get it at 55% (I used to get it at 71%) signal without losing Channels on 97W.

Does the noise figure play a role in this? Is the 0.3 NS DigiWave more precise?

Last edited:
Don't think the noise figure would have any effect. Think the focus (focal length) is more accurate now.

try playing with the skew . well, first, this is not the recommended solution , you are not supposed to use only 1 lnb to hit 2 birds on a fixed dish. but being CCTV is H on 95W and that same frecuency is vertical on the adjacent bird 97W try finding the sweet spot by skewing the LNB and also by pointing half way between 97W and 95W. Remember if some new signals light up on 95W in the future you are going to get interference for several channels on 97W then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts