CD USA using up Bandwidth 24 hours a day ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bgsmallwood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
The Nations
So D* came up with their own teenybopper version of American Bandstand with 2 channel stereo and pawned it off as our new HD channel and all but my question is this....

They have one hour of new programming a week and they are going to just run that one hour in a loop 24x7 using up bandwidth the whole time???????:(

what a friggin waste!
D* sucks, no doubt about it
be gald when my time is up, going back to cable as bad as I hate it but D* has really dropped the ball

I agree what a waste. A crappy 1-2 hour show a week rebroadcasted all day and all week. It was bad enought that I had to watch it for the first 15 minutes and now it is repeated over and over. Stop the insanity.

I agree it is a waste. Is there a way to petition D* to at least drop the HD version of this and give us something meaningful like TNT-HD or Starz-HD?? :mad:

A Suck Factor of 10!!!

I noticed that the National Geographic Channel started broadcasting in HD this weekend. I would take it 100 times more than the CD krap channel!! What a huge waste of bandwidth. Not only does DTV broadcast it in HD, they also broadcast it int SD! What a waste, who is in charge of programming.

By the way, The Outdoor Channel 2 is in HD & on the air since last summer! There is also TNT HD. Come on DTV get your stuff together.

I don't want to hear any more "Not enough bandwidth" bull from D* when asked for TNT-HD or NGC-HD. Not when they are spilling bandwidth on the ground 24x7 with this repetitive drivel.

It is obvious to me that D* is only interested in content that they can get for FREE or as nearly to it as possible. Management at D* has really lost their way!

Are they serious? I didn't know this was going to be HD. We ask for more HD and they give us this! I've been very patient with DirecTV. But with better options elsewhere, this might be it.

-JustBob

Yeah, I really wasn't that impressed.

Why are they gunning for a teenage market when most of us looking for HD Content are paying for the HD content and are in a cosumer market range that have some money to spend.

Where the teenage crowd they are gunning for don't control my TV nor do they pay the bills that are bringing HD to the masses.

Teenager Channel for Sure Dude!

Talked with DTV, they are for sure going for the teenager market. Like the mindless wonders don't get enough of that from MTV, MTV2, VH1 etc. They are giving them the CD Channel in HD just to be a pain in our butt. I tried to explain to them that it is some what older working people that can afford to buy HD tv's and HD satellite systems. Plus pay the bill for the HD programming.

If you want to see other HD national feeds, you really need to take the time and email them, and let them know how you feel. We will never get National Geograhic Channel HD, TNT HD, Starz HD, Playboy HD, The Outdoor Channel HD, etc if you don't give them feedback.

email them: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/glb/Form_Feedback.jsp

Later Dude!

DrWho said:
Yeah, I really wasn't that impressed.
Why are they gunning for a teenage market when most of us looking for HD Content are paying for the HD content and are in a cosumer market range that have some money to spend.
Where the teenage crowd they are gunning for don't control my TV nor do they pay the bills that are bringing HD to the masses.

35000 of YOU are going for HD. SO 14,965,000+ dont care yet!

sorry guys, SD pays the bills. and will until at least 2009 and probably beyond!

OneBigJedi said:
Talked with DTV, they are for sure going for the teenager market. Like the mindless wonders don't get enough of that from MTV, MTV2, VH1 etc. They are giving them the CD Channel in HD just to be a pain in our butt. I tried to explain to them that it is some what older working people that can afford to buy HD tv's and HD satellite systems. Plus pay the bill for the HD programming.
If you want to see other HD national feeds, you really need to take the time and email them, and let them know how you feel. We will never get National Geograhic Channel HD, TNT HD, Starz HD, Playboy HD, The Outdoor Channel HD, etc if you don't give them feedback.
email them: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/glb/Form_Feedback.jsp
Later Dude!

I did my part. I emailed them and let them know that my cable company is offering me a better deal every day and if I don't see better HD programming than CDUSA coming online I will be dropping DTV by the end of summer. The main reason I signed on with D* in the first place was because I thought they would be more of a leader in HD programming than cable. If I was wrong then there is no real reason to stay with D*

Dropped from TC Premier to TC last night and will drop the HD package once college basketball and Olympics are done. I also sent them a nice e-mail letting them know why I've done this (no new HD but give is the CSUSA garbage). So right now I have Comcast for my main viewing and D*'s basically just for the bedrooms and basement SD TV's. If it wasn't for NFL-ST I'd be gone now totally from D*. Give the customerw what they want or they'll find someone else that will.

dragon002 said:
35000 of YOU are going for HD. SO 14,965,000+ dont care yet!
sorry guys, SD pays the bills. and will until at least 2009 and probably beyond!
Actually its more like 650,000 (HD) and 14, 350,000...but you're points mostly true.

Until the last 2 of the full fleet of 4 HD sats is up next year, D* doesn't have there inspiration or resources to play musical HD channels as they want or feel they should.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)