CE 's FOR 12/9 WEEKEND

I have never noticed it. I had the latest CE before the one I just downloaded and I never seen that option until now.

It's been there for as long as I can remember. When you initially type up IAMANEDGECUTTER,it comes up then. maybe it's the first time that you noticed it on the HD GUI.

All boxes updated quickly this week. I would almost dare to say half the time of the 12/2 update.(?)

Still have the bug with the screen saver showing the last music channel played, as opposed to the Directv logo. Nothing changed there.

I downloaded 0x58F on all 3 of my receivers.
2 x H24-100
1 x HR24-500

So far so good! No problems. I will take a deeper look tomorrow. Now as a side note I downloaded a CE about 2 weeks ago and I had yet to see icons for any of the channels. I am hopeful that this update will bring icons to my screens!

royrdsjr said:
It's been there for as long as I can remember. When you initially type up IAMANEDGECUTTER,it comes up then. maybe it's the first time that you noticed it on the HD GUI.

I have had the HD GUI on my HR24/100 STB ever since it came out as a CE and thus is the first time I typed up the IAMANEDGECUTTER. I never knew about that phrase. Is there any thing else I should know or can know and learn about the new GUI? I am trying to learn things as I go and any other helpful info you or any one can give would be helpful to.
Thanks

I have had the HD GUI on my HR24/100 STB ever since it came out as a CE and thus is the first time I typed up the IAMANEDGECUTTER. I never knew about that phrase. Is there any thing else I should know or can know and learn about the new GUI? I am trying to learn things as I go and any other helpful info you or any one can give would be helpful to.
Thanks

This feature was here a LONG time before the HD GUI came out ....
It's probably been there for 2 years now.

Could anyone tell me if On Demand is working, last weekend I downloaded the CE and went back to the NR because it would freeze up on On Demand and never download the movie. I had to reset it a couple times and it would but the movie in my playlist and say pending download and when I tired to exit my playlist it would freeze but only when I had a On Demand movie there.

Could anyone tell me if On Demand is working, last weekend I downloaded the CE and went back to the NR because it would freeze up on On Demand and never download the movie. I had to reset it a couple times and it would but the movie in my playlist and say pending download and when I tired to exit my playlist it would freeze but only when I had a On Demand movie there.

Yes, its working

All boxes updated quickly this week. I would almost dare to say half the time of the 12/2 update.(?)

Still have the bug with the screen saver showing the last music channel played, as opposed to the Directv logo. Nothing changed there.

I was hoping that would go away with this CE....I have it too.

Mine appears to have failed.

D/L'd last night, while it was around the 94-95 percent, I turned off the TV, went to bed. Got up this morning, and now it will not show any video(can browse the guide, menu, etc) except recorded items. No matter what channel I go to, I get no video, no audio, and guide info. I tried a doubleplay for giggles, and the box locked up. RBR'd, and after recovery same issues. Now it locked up just trying to change the channel. Should I revert to national, or give it some more time?

HR21 w/ external eSata 1TB drive.

D/L'd last night, while it was around the 94-95 percent, I turned off the TV, went to bed. Got up this morning, and now it will not show any video(can browse the guide, menu, etc) except recorded items. No matter what channel I go to, I get no video, no audio, and guide info. I tried a doubleplay for giggles, and the box locked up. RBR'd, and after recovery same issues. Now it locked up just trying to change the channel. Should I revert to national, or give it some more time?

I am not sure how an external drive connected affects this process; but you should go back NR

I download last night as well around 11:15 EST and saw no indications of a problem. It took quite a while (20 mins) but nothing seemed to have hung at any times. When it was finally completed - all I got was a guide info banner at the top and a black screen. No sound or video at any times. I could hit guide and the full guide would appear and I could select a channel. I would make a selection and it would change it but same black screen/no audio. I would hit guide again and it would say I was on channel 201 (which I wasn't). I could watch previously recorded shows with no problems. I was also able to use the menu options with no problems. I did try to look at the satellite readings and that froze up my box. 15 minutes later I unplugged it and it restarted to the same issues as above. It froze again and I repeated the process of unplugging again. At that point I went to bed as it restarted. My thought was it needed a few hours to get caught up. This morning it was a black screen again. My kids wanted to watch tv so I pushed back the the NR. I have never downloaded the CE before even though I visit this site daily for the past few years. The box is a HR21-700. I might try again tonight.

Minor bug.

I was looking through the ondemand selection and chose to view a trailer. It was buffering and it took forever, so I exited out.

Now every time I hit pause watching normal tv as well as recorded tv, it says - "Please wait while your video buffers." I have shut the unit off and I have the same result. It looks like I will be doomed with the buffering message until a CE comes along to fix it.

No big deal, but clearly code that needs to be reworked to quash this little bug.

Silvia2112 said:
I just found this while searching:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-cutting-edge-ce-discussion-forum/273470-h2x-hr2x-weekend-12-9-a.html

It says: You will need to enter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search if first time STB updated to HD UI

I thought that was for diagnostics and not mandatory. I will try that tonight to see if that makes a difference. Any thoughts?

I've had the HD GUI for as long as I can remember (it being out, that is). This is the first CE to ever go wonky on me in three years. Don't have time tonight to redo, so i guess I'm stuck on the NR until next week.

I've had the HD GUI for as long as I can remember (it being out, that is). This is the first CE to ever go wonky on me in three years. Don't have time tonight to redo, so i guess I'm stuck on the NR until next week.

Just hit the buttons to reload turn the TV off and go to bed !

I download last night as well around 11:15 EST and saw no indications of a problem. It took quite a while (20 mins) but nothing seemed to have hung at any times. When it was finally completed - all I got was a guide info banner at the top and a black screen. No sound or video at any times. I could hit guide and the full guide would appear and I could select a channel. I would make a selection and it would change it but same black screen/no audio. I would hit guide again and it would say I was on channel 201 (which I wasn't). I could watch previously recorded shows with no problems. I was also able to use the menu options with no problems. I did try to look at the satellite readings and that froze up my box. 15 minutes later I unplugged it and it restarted to the same issues as above. It froze again and I repeated the process of unplugging again. At that point I went to bed as it restarted. My thought was it needed a few hours to get caught up. This morning it was a black screen again. My kids wanted to watch tv so I pushed back the the NR. I have never downloaded the CE before even though I visit this site daily for the past few years. The box is a HR21-700. I might try again tonight.

Same thing here with my HR21-700. Black screen, will only show recorded content. Re-downloaded CE again Saturday night, same results. Guess I'll get the NR in the morning. First time I've ever had to go back to NR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts