CEDIA Report- You don't need LSD to have a flashback!- FH Video

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
As I was heading to the Sirius booth I stumbled upon something that was like a LSD flashback, only happy!

FH Video Inc. at Booth SR-16 (www.fhvideo.com) had on display two Sony projectors, the VPH-D50 and VPH-G90U! The G90 is a 2500x2000 9" CRT front projector that is just incredible. FH had a Theater set up with 2 screens, 1 was a Qualia 004 and the other a G-90. The G-90 was calibrated by the man that used to calibrate Sony CRT projectors at all the trade shows.

Sony was going to crush their remaining inventory of G-90s but the President of FH Video bought the entire remaining inventory of @ 100 G-90's.

While I was seated at a table speaking with the President of the company, a young man broke away from the group he was with exclaiming "I gotta see what a CRT projector looks like!"

We got a good laugh out of it, and I have to say it was a great pleasure seeing the sommthness and inky blacks of the G-90. When a totally black scene was shown you could put your hand up to the screen and nothing shone back from the G-90, light did reflect off my hand from the Qualia.

A brand new G-90 from FH will run about $38,500, but for those who still demand the best, it's nice to know it's available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts