Celebrate Spring with Slingbox Giveaways

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SLINGBOX CONNECTS SPORTS FANS TO ALL OF THIS SPRING’S MAJOR SPORTING EVENTS

Celebrate Spring with Slingbox Giveaways

Who: The Slingbox is the only device that sports fans will need this spring to watch all of the major sporting events taking place in the weeks ahead. From the NCAA basketball tournament to the World Baseball Classic to the Kentucky Derby, sports fans won’t have to miss a single minute, even when they’re away from home. By connecting a Slingbox to their cable set-top box or satellite receiver, they can catch all of their favorite teams and athletes – anywhere in the world or just in and around the house -- on their laptop, tablet or smartphone. And since they are streaming from their home TV, blackout games don’t apply when they’re watching in another state or country.

But they don’t have to be a sports fan to use a Slingbox. Whether they want to catch the big game or the season finale of their favorite show, Slingbox users can watch ALL the live events, recorded programming and premium channels – content they already pay for -- on any PC or Mac, mobile device or connected TV, with SlingPlayer software installed.

What: Both the Slingbox 500 and Slingbox 350 stream live or recorded content in up to Full 1080p HD resolution. Set-up is clean, simple and straightforward. Internal IR emitters reduce clutter and extraneous wires. The Slingbox 500 also includes Wi-Fi and HDMI, and has additional features for personal media storage and viewing of photos and videos. No monthly fees required.

Why: We’re kicking off the Madness that is March with a special Slingbox 500 and Slingbox 350 giveaway so you can have your Slingbox up and running before things start getting really crazy in the next couple weeks! Look for our tweet announcing the promotion, follow @MisterSling on Twitter and ‘like’ Slingbox on Facebook for your chance to win. We’ll announce and ship product to winners on Monday, March 18, 2013.

The giveaways and news won’t end on Monday either. Stay tuned in the weeks ahead as we give away more Slingbox products and announce new features for Slingbox customers!

Enter to win at http://www.facebook.com/slingboxus

Last edited:
I don't have a facebook account. No doubt that's necessary for this givaway. :(

Thats the address directly from their email.

I emailed Brian from Sling back and let him know. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Personally I don't use facebook, don't even have an account for this type of stuff.

Then reading this:
Two winners will be selected on Monday morning, based on (1) Most Facebook likes AND shares, and (2) Most Twitter retweets.
I don't even have interest in creating an account to enter the drawing, though it no longer reads like a drawing.

I don't do the whole social media junk... so I'm out it seems as it's faceplant & twitster only. I've never felt a need to have to facesit post, or put out a twit every time I take a potty break or listen to a song! I guess some feel the need thought. :wacko:

Doesn't sound like a contest however. It sounds like they want you to shrill for them the most via shares & retwits. I almost feel offended. Almost.

You can have your great grandkids enter though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I don't have any great grandkids. Mine are all just mediocre. Besides, I'm only 39 and still don't have a need to faceplant or twat.

Per the rules, you can't just like it. You have to repost it to your faceplant page AND have others share that plant. On twatter, you have to twat it then have other retwit it so that you original twat and subsequent re-twats all add up. Not a contest I think but an odd pyramid scheme. I'll have to discuss this with Bernie Madoff to be sure.

I don't have any great grandkids. Mine are all just mediocre. Besides, I'm only 39 and still don't have a need to faceplant or twat.

Per the rules, you can't just like it. You have to repost it to your faceplant page AND have others share that plant. On twatter, you have to twat it then have other retwit it so that you original twat and subsequent re-twats all add up. Not a contest I think but an odd pyramid scheme. I'll have to discuss this with Bernie Madoff to be sure.

LOL...I need to go back to school. Twatter, re-twats, faceplant, I'm so way behind the times.

The clue here is the word "Giveaways" this means it is not a contest or sweepstakes.
What it does mean is you are a willing participant in their advertising scheme that they have put together at a very low cost.
How much advertising will they get out of this with people thinking its a contest? and it will cost them what? a slingbox at cost?
Good business model for sure.
Its all in the tricks and magic of capitalism and how to use the public as best as you can at the lowest cost.
I say good job!
No free slingbox for me:) its not worth the money for free..

Sorry guys, I only passed it along as I LOVE my Slingboxes and the guys sent me the email letting me know they were giving them away this weekend so I figured I would share it with you guys. :)

Didn't know there were so many hoops to jump through. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts