Celtics/Cavs- King James vs. K.G. (I can smell the ratings now!)

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
So, it's Boston and Cleveland in the East Semis.

Since BillDel has not shown up in a while (and Sandra's Rangers got knocked out, so she's probably mourning the loss against a team she hates), I'd like our resident Cavs fan, HD MM, to give his thoughts on what will be the most hyped and anticipated round 2 matchup in the NBA Playoffs.

Going into the playoffs, most had the Celtics sleep walking through the East and waking up in the NBA Finals.....

Well, if anything was to be taken away from the first round, the Hawks (37-45) showed that the Celtics (66-16) are in fact mortal. The series has also reminded everyone that KG is still not the dominating, dependable force when the game is on the line. With that said, the Cav's are the defending Eastern Conference Champions and the path to the NBA Championship should rightfully so go through Cleveland.

If Wally World and Boobie Gibson continue to drain the outside shots to take pressure off LeBron, this series will be much more close than most think. Personally, I see this game going 7 games. Home court advantage is going to be a huge factor in this series as both courts (Quicken Loans Arena & The Garden) will contain boisterous crowds. The first team to prove that they can win on the road will be the inevitable series winner.

Cav's: 4-3 over Boston.

Let's get it on!
  • GAME 1: CAVALIERS @ CELTICS TUE 8:00 PM- TNT
  • GAME 2: CAVALIERS @ CELTICS THU 7:00PM- ESPN
  • GAME 3: CELTICS @ CAVALIERS SAT 8:00 PM- ABC
  • GAME 4: CELTICS @ CAVALIERS MON 8:00 PM- TNT
  • GAME 5: CAVALIERS @ CELTICS WED TBD
  • GAME 6: CELTICS @ CAVALIERS FRI TBD
  • GAME 7: CAVALIERS @ CELTICS SUN TBD

How much buzz, attention, and interest is this series going to generate?

It should create a decent amount of attention for a second round matchup.

On a national level, it will gain attention simply because the series will feature star power in the big 3 from the Celt's and King James.

Locally, Boston and Cleveland, while having little rivalry animosity in basketball, their respective baseball teams played to a grueling 7 game ALCS last year. If anything, this will enthuse the crowds.

HD MM,

just wondering, but were you ever on the DBSForums SportsArena?

P.S. I changed my signature in honor of this series.

Going into the playoffs, most had the Celtics sleep walking through the East and waking up in the NBA Finals.....

Well, if anything was to be taken away from the first round, the Hawks (37-45) showed that the Celtics (66-16) are in fact mortal. The series has also reminded everyone that KG is still not the dominating, dependable force when the game is on the line. With that said, the Cav's are the defending Eastern Conference Champions and the path to the NBA Championship should rightfully so go through Cleveland.

If Wally World and Boobie Gibson continue to drain the outside shots to take pressure off LeBron, this series will be much more close than most think. Personally, I see this game going 7 games. Home court advantage is going to be a huge factor in this series as both courts (Quicken Loans Arena & The Garden) will contain boisterous crowds. The first team to prove that they can win on the road will be the inevitable series winner.

Cav's: 4-3 over Boston.

Let's get it on!
  • GAME 1: CAVALIERS @ CELTICS TUE 8:00 PM- TNT
  • GAME 2: CAVALIERS @ CELTICS THU 7:00PM- ESPN
  • GAME 3: CELTICS @ CAVALIERS SAT 8:00 PM- ABC
  • GAME 4: CELTICS @ CAVALIERS MON 8:00 PM- TNT
  • GAME 5: CAVALIERS @ CELTICS WED TBD
  • GAME 6: CELTICS @ CAVALIERS FRI TBD
  • GAME 7: CAVALIERS @ CELTICS SUN TBD

GOD almighty I hate the Celtics..BUT I am gonna say Celtics in 6....if not less! The NBA Playoffs is ALL ABOUT matchups. The 1st round showed that Atlanta has some guys that can shoot and very young and athletic....the Cavs really have NOTHING offessively outside of Labron. Slow him down just a little...and the rest of the team will self-check themselves into a 2bd round exit. This team is WORSE than last years team. The Celtics have 3 possible HOF and a ton of guys that can throw at Labron...WHO does the Cavs to throw at KG, Pierce and Allen?? Damon Jones, Szczerbiak and Ilgauskas?

GOD almighty I hate the Celtics..BUT I am gonna say Celtics in 6....if not less! The NBA Playoffs is ALL ABOUT matchups. The 1st round showed that Atlanta has some guys that can shoot and very young and athletic....the Cavs really have NOTHING offessively outside of Labron. Slow him down just a little...and the rest of the team will self-check themselves into a 2bd round exit. This team is WORSE than last years team. The Celtics have 3 possible HOF and a ton of guys that can throw at Labron...WHO does the Cavs to throw at KG, Pierce and Allen?? Damon Jones, Szczerbiak and Ilgauskas?

First off, you're spelling is a bit off. It's LeBron, not Labron.

Second of all, Damon Jones doesn't get playing time unless it's a blowout. He's weak on defense, so he fell out of the graces of Mike Brown a long time ago.

I agree there will be some matchups that may seem to favor Boston on paper, but you will have to remember that this Mike Brown coached team thrives on great team defense. We also have a fairly deep bench, so the players we start won't necessarily play the most minutes at that given position. Brown likes to sub the players based on performance and will rotate until he finds the correct mix.

And to answer your question on who will guard the big three (and other 2, believe it or not, this is a team game)........

PG: Rondo vs. Delonte' West. Advantage= Even
SG: Allen vs. Devin Brown/ Boobie Gibson. Advantage= Boston
SF: Pierce vs. LeBron/ Wally Szczerbiak. Advantage= Cleveland
PF: KG vs. Ben Wallace/ Joe Smith. Advantage= Boston
C: Perkins vs. Zydrunas Ilgauskas/ Anderson Varejao. Advantage= Cleveland

Coach: Rivers vs. Brown. Advantage = Cleveland
Bench: Advantage = Cleveland
Home Court: Advantage= Boston
Player you'd want to take the final shot: LeBron James. Advantage = Cleveland

Last edited:
The only series with potentially better ratings would be a Lakers vs. Celtics finals.

First off, you're spelling is a bit off. It's LeBron, not Labron.

Second of all, Damon Jones doesn't get playing time unless it's a blowout. He's weak on defense, so he fell out of the graces of Mike Brown a long time ago.

I agree there will be some matchups that may seem to favor Boston on paper, but you will have to remember that this Mike Brown coached team thrives on great team defense. We also have a fairly deep bench, so the players we start won't necessarily play the most minutes at that given position. Brown likes to sub the players based on performance and will rotate until he finds the correct mix.

And to answer your question on who will guard the big three (and other 2, believe it or not, this is a team game)........

PG: Rondo vs. Delonte' West. Advantage= Even
SG: Allen vs. Devin Brown/ Boobie Gibson. Advantage= Boston
SF: Pierce vs. LeBron/ Wally Szczerbiak. Advantage= Cleveland
PF: KG vs. Ben Wallace/ Joe Smith. Advantage= Boston
C: Perkins vs. Zydrunas Ilgauskas/ Anderson Varejao. Advantage= Cleveland

Coach: Rivers vs. Brown. Advantage = Cleveland
Bench: Advantage = Cleveland
Home Court: Advantage= Boston
Player you'd want to take the final shot: LeBron James. Advantage = Cleveland

You actually think that Mike Brown is a better coach than Doc Rivers? You think Clevelands bench is better than Boston's? Are you crazy? NO...you just a homer.
Which there is nothing wrong with being a homer, but there are times when some homers think with their heart and not with their head. You are gonna tell me a bench with Damon Jones, Dwayne Jones, Joe Smith, Wally Szczerbiak and Anderson Varejao is BETTER than a bench with P.J. Brown, Sam Cassell, Scot Pollard, James Posey....??!! Are you crazy?

And in the end....if you need a shot to win the games....YES you have LE-BRON....they have KG, Pierce AND Allen.....that have EXPERIENCE making that shot.

You actually think that Mike Brown is a better coach than Doc Rivers?

Yes. Without a doubt. And with 13,182 Total Votes on an ESPN poll, 53.7% agree with me. Vote for yourself here:
ESPN: SportsNation Polling - 3483 - SportsNation

You think Clevelands bench is better than Boston's? Are you crazy? NO...you just a homer.
Which there is nothing wrong with being a homer, but there are times when some homers think with their heart and not with their head. You are gonna tell me a bench with Damon Jones, Dwayne Jones, Joe Smith, Wally Szczerbiak and Anderson Varejao is BETTER than a bench with P.J. Brown, Sam Cassell, Scot Pollard, James Posey....??!! Are you crazy?

Again, not a homer pick, just reality. And yet again, ESPN Nation seems to agree with me. 52.6% favor the Cav's bench over the Celts. Just so YOU know, we had Pollard last year. He sucked so bad, we dropped him and the Celts claimed him instead. BTW, you conveniently left out Daniel "Boobie" Gibson and Sasha Pavlovic from your list of bench players. Those 2 players could easily start for the majority of teams in this league.

And in the end....if you need a shot to win the games....YES you have LE-BRON....they have KG, Pierce AND Allen.....that have EXPERIENCE making that shot.

I'd take LeBron over any of those 3. Only 1 person can take the final shot.

You actually think that Mike Brown is a better coach than Doc Rivers? You think Clevelands bench is better than Boston's? Are you crazy? NO...you just a homer.

BTW, what's this EXPERIENCE you speak of in making the final shot? You talking about the regular season? This is the playoffs you know!

It's fair to point out that Garnett, Pierce and Allen have never led a team to an NBA Finals. Their play during the regular season created expectations that they've been unable to meet -- and in fact have never met in their careers -- during postseason.

Yes. Without a doubt. And with 13,182 Total Votes on an ESPN poll, 53.7% agree with me. Vote for yourself here:
ESPN: SportsNation Polling - 3483 - SportsNation

Again, not a homer pick, just reality. And yet again, ESPN Nation seems to agree with me. 52.6% favor the Cav's bench over the Celts. Just so YOU know, we had Pollard last year. He sucked so bad, we dropped him and the Celts claimed him instead. BTW, you conveniently left out Daniel "Boobie" Gibson and Sasha Pavlovic from your list of bench players. Those 2 players could easily start for the majority of teams in this league.

I'd take LeBron over any of those 3. Only 1 person can take the final shot.

LMAO!! Your going on POLLS??!! PLEASE!! POLLS are ONLY good to see which brand of toilet paper is better or a taste test between Coke vs. Pepsi. James Posey. P.J. Brown and Sam Casell ALONE is better than the whole Cavs bench...with TONS....not much...but TONS more playoffs experience than the whole Cleveland team. THAT my friend is FACTS....not polls....:rolleyes:

Polls?! .....LMAO!!! You are too much!;)

LMAO!! Your going on POLLS??!! PLEASE!! POLLS are ONLY good to see which brand of toilet paper is better or a taste test between Coke vs. Pepsi. James Posey. P.J. Brown and Sam Casell ALONE is better than the whole Cavs bench...with TONS....not much...but TONS more playoffs experience than the whole Cleveland team. THAT my friend is FACTS....not polls....:rolleyes:

In an argument between 2 people with two different opinions, what better way to solve the debate between us than consulting opinions of thousands of other fans alike! Seems logical to me. Sorry the polls didn't favor you. ;)

And as for PJ Brown, Casell and Posey, come on.......... Do you really think they are that great?! :confused: Cassell and Brown are both turning 40 soon and Posey (went to high school with him btw), is also beyond his prime.

In an argument between 2 people with two different opinions, what better way to solve the debate between us than consulting opinions of thousands of other fans alike! Seems logical to me. Sorry the polls didn't favor you. ;)

And as for PJ Brown, Casell and Posey, come on.......... Do you really think they are that great?! :confused: Cassell and Brown are both turning 40 soon and Posey (went to high school with him btw), is also beyond his prime.

Posey is better defender than ANYONE the Cavs have.....period. And again, Cassell and PJ Brown is as good as anyone you can throw out from the Cavs bench.

Let me just interject myself into this argument by saying that this is going to be a more interesting second-round matchup for the Cavs than against the Nets last year (that match had no sizzle)

Let me just interject myself into this argument by saying that this is going to be a more interesting second-round matchup for the Cavs than against the Nets last year (that match had no sizzle)

I cannot believe I am defending the Celtics....I think I am gonna take a shower after this post!

I think the Celtics will not have as much trouble because they match BETTER with the Cavs than they do with the Hawks. In the end it comes down to 1 things.....the Cavs only ONE guy to take THE SHOT.....the Celtics have 3! Argument over. His ONLY argument is Lebron. When Lebron takes a breather....WHO do the Cavs have? You will never see ALL THREE of the Celtics stars taking a break at the same time....one will be out with two still playing. And TWO of the three-headed monster AS ONE is better than Lebron. He is NOT Michael Jordan......

He is the 2nd best player in the League and he would not trade for any of the 3alone.....BUT three starters to one?!...and if you combine the three....they are BETTER together than ONE Lebron....end of story.

Ok.....I feel gross now.....

SamCassell_ET.jpg

Wonder why this series is just on Game 1 when 2 of the others have already played 2 games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts