Celtics/Cavs- King James vs. K.G. (I can smell the ratings now!)

Great article on LeBron from the Boston Globe.......

By Bob Ryan- Globe Staff / May 6, 2008

If you're a Celtics fan, this is what you wanted. LeBron will be here either two or three times and at some point he will take your breath away, guaranteed. You will see him do things, and you will say, "Don't tell me he's 23," but he is, and you'd better hope the Celtics can deal with him now because he will get better.

Read the rest here.......

LeBron: The one and only - The Boston Globe

By Bob Ryan- Globe Staff / May 6, 2008

If you're a Celtics fan, this is what you wanted. LeBron will be here either two or three times and at some point he will take your breath away, guaranteed. You will see him do things, and you will say, "Don't tell me he's 23," but he is, and you'd better hope the Celtics can deal with him now because he will get better.

Read the rest here.......

LeBron: The one and only - The Boston Globe

LEBRON.....the story is about LEBRON.....

YES...you have to worry about him......NO you have NOTHING to worry about HIS TEAM.

YES...you have to worry about him......NO you have NOTHING to worry about HIS TEAM.

Yep, dont worry about gibson shooting 3's, dont worry about Z down low...Dont worry about Wally Z shooting the ball, and Def. dont worry about Devin Brown,.....Also while we are at it, screw Big Ben getting rebounds that wont happen, and forget Varajeo's Hustle, those things cant hurt you at all, They never did anything in the playoffs last year did they pffff give me a break.

From what I've been reading and hearing, you share the same consensus feeling of the entire Celtic Nation. (Cav's being a one man team). However, LeBron has the uncanny ability to make everyone around him better. Don't forget, LeBron maybe the best passer in the league and dude is 6'8", 260lbs and quick as hell! Double/triple team him and he will still score on you or he may opt to kick it out to his guys on the perimeter. The key is for Wally/Boobie/Delonte to hit the open outside shots consistently. If they do so, this will destroy Boston's entire defensive strategy.

Ugh. The one that got away! :(

Very weird game......

LeBron and Pierce were a combined 4 for 32 from the field with 16 turnovers. Ray Allen was held scoreless. Rajon Rondo didn't score again after putting up 15 in the first quarter. All in all, this heavy weight bout lived up to the hype. A great defensive fight to the end. Can't wait till Game 2!

GAME 2: CAVALIERS @ CELTICS- THU 7:00 PM- ESPN-HD

From what I've been reading and hearing, you share the same consensus feeling of the entire Celtic Nation. (Cav's being a one man team). However, LeBron has the uncanny ability to make everyone around him better. Don't forget, LeBron maybe the best passer in the league and dude is 6'8", 260lbs and quick as hell! Double/triple team him and he will still score on you or he may opt to kick it out to his guys on the perimeter. The key is for Wally/Boobie/Delonte to hit the open outside shots consistently. If they do so, this will destroy Boston's entire defensive strategy.

There is NO DOUBT that Lebron makes everyone better.....BUT....that is only when HE is on his game. When he is sucking the place up...and believe me, watching Michael Jordan UP CLOSE and PERSONAL during the Bulls hay day.....the team will be JUST AS BAD if not worse. My argument has NOTHING to do with how bad I think the Cavs are as much as how much BETTER the Celtics team AS WHOLE is.
You have 1 guys that need be....can carry the team....they have 3.....you have the 2nd best player in the league.....they have 3 players in the top 20.

I have had some people question IF I want the Celtics to win....BELIEVE ME I don't...being a 76er fan 1st and a Heat fan 2nd.....I only hate one team MORE than the Celtics and that's the Lakers. But I am a realistic....and I can seperate my heart thinking from my mind when it comes to my team and teams I dislike.
And I have to give the devil his due.....*gulp*....the Celtics....

Again.....I feel dirty now, I am gonna wash my hands after typing that....:(

First off, you're spelling is a bit off. It's LeBron, not Labron.

Second of all, Damon Jones doesn't get playing time unless it's a blowout. He's weak on defense, so he fell out of the graces of Mike Brown a long time ago.

I agree there will be some matchups that may seem to favor Boston on paper, but you will have to remember that this Mike Brown coached team thrives on great team defense. We also have a fairly deep bench, so the players we start won't necessarily play the most minutes at that given position. Brown likes to sub the players based on performance and will rotate until he finds the correct mix.

And to answer your question on who will guard the big three (and other 2, believe it or not, this is a team game)........

PG: Rondo vs. Delonte' West. Advantage= Even
SG: Allen vs. Devin Brown/ Boobie Gibson. Advantage= Boston
SF: Pierce vs. LeBron/ Wally Szczerbiak. Advantage= Cleveland
PF: KG vs. Ben Wallace/ Joe Smith. Advantage= Boston
C: Perkins vs. Zydrunas Ilgauskas/ Anderson Varejao. Advantage= Cleveland

Coach: Rivers vs. Brown. Advantage = Cleveland
Bench: Advantage = Cleveland
Home Court: Advantage= Boston
Player you'd want to take the final shot: LeBron James. Advantage = Cleveland

Rondo is clearly better than West, Celtics fans watched Delonte for over 2 years and know now that Rondo has matured, he is high tier 2 point guard. West is not.

KG made the game-winning shot, LeBron came up short on his, guess that advantage goes out the window.

Pierce and Allen will will be better in game 2, I am sure LeBron will be also. But that was Cleveland's best chance to win a game in Boston, didn't happen.

But will you watch? This has the makings of a classic heavy weight bout! Personally, I can't wait!

I'll watch next round when the Pistons are playing BOSTON. I still think your Cadavers were a "one trick pony", and we saw the trick last year in the conference finals.
Move over Salsa, I need to wash my hands too. No love lost for Boston here, either.

Rondo is clearly better than West, Celtics fans watched Delonte for over 2 years and know now that Rondo has matured, he is high tier 2 point guard. West is not.

KG made the game-winning shot, LeBron came up short on his, guess that advantage goes out the window.

Pierce and Allen will will be better in game 2, I am sure LeBron will be also. But that was Cleveland's best chance to win a game in Boston, didn't happen.

Please don't rush to conclusions after 1 game Boston Fan.......

The fact that this game was so close, despite LeBron having one of his worst professional games of his career, should actually serve as a scary sign to the Celtics. Going into this game, if I told you that LeBron would be 2-18 from the field with 10 turnovers, I'd assume you would've thought the Celtics would have another blowout at home. Instead, you barely hung on in the end in front of your home court where you've previously appeared "invincible". And if LeBron was anything in the vicinity of his normal self? Well, we would've had an entire different outcome. But, I don't like to play "what-if's", so I digress.......

If anything, last night's game proves that all of Boston media, fans and prognosticators were wrong about the Cav's. All I keep hearing is how the Cav's are a 1 man team and if Boston can slow down LeBron, then they will crush the Cav's. Well, last night further validated that Cleveland actually does have a decent team around LBJ, plus we can play a bit of Defense too.....

If I have learned anything about LBJ from following his career since High School, it's that last night's experience will serve as a great inspiration for him to come back Game 2 stronger than ever.......

Be weary Chowda' Nation. Now, you've pissed off LeBron!

And Boston's defense had nothing to do with LeBron's off night? We'll see if your Cadaver's make the adjustments or not. If you're not a one man team, why did you lose?

Please don't rush to conclusions after 1 game Boston Fan.......

The fact that this game was so close, despite LeBron having one of his worst professional games of his career, should actually serve as a scary sign to the Celtics. Going into this game, if I told you that LeBron would be 2-18 from the field with 10 turnovers, I'd assume you would've thought the Celtics would have another blowout at home. Instead, you barely hung on in the end in front of your home court where you've previously appeared "invincible". And if LeBron was anything in the vicinity of his normal self? Well, we would've had an entire different outcome. But, I don't like to play "what-if's", so I digress.......

If anything, last night's game proves that all of Boston media, fans and prognosticators were wrong about the Cav's. All I keep hearing is how the Cav's are a 1 man team and if Boston can slow down LeBron, then they will crush the Cav's. Well, last night further validated that Cleveland actually does have a decent team around LBJ, plus we can play a bit of Defense too.....

If I have learned anything about LBJ from following his career since High School, it's that last night's experience will serve as a great inspiration for him to come back Game 2 stronger than ever.......

Be weary Chowda' Nation. Now, you've pissed off LeBron!

And Pierce and Allen will not play that bad on offense, either.

The celtics were the best defensive team in the league for a reason.

BTW, LeBron sure flops a lot. What is that about?

And Pierce and Allen will not play that bad on offense, either.

The celtics were the best defensive team in the league for a reason.

BTW, LeBron sure flops a lot. What is that about?

I dunno about flopping? Maybe you're boy thought LeBron's eyes looked like Reece's Pieces when he attempted to gouge them?! ;)

samcasselliset.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)