(Centauri 8 x 1) a must have

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brotherhood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
97w/55n
the best switch i ever used ,16 sats on one switch looks very clean.
running 82,91,97,101,107,111,121 and trying for 123

Last edited:
also running expressvu,and starchoice but not with the Centauri 8.the list is the sats i'm watching.
sorry to miss lead

Last edited:
Yes, it is an excellent switch, I'd recommend it to anyone with multiple dishes/lnbs. If I had better LOS and room for another dish, I'd be up to 16 LNBs instead of just 12!

On my T90, I'm using one of these switches and currently getting 13 sats as 12 (v/h), they are 83, 87, 89, 93, 97, 101, 103, 110, 113, 116.8, 119, 123, and 129. With 119 and 129 as one (v/h). I have a P* I'm planning to try and get 72,74, and 79 with, although 72 and 74 may not be do-able because of 2 degree spacing. So I may have to shift the T90 to start at 72 and use the P* on the other end of my arc.
I have to agree, they are Great switches. Good Luck getting 123!

Al

Who has such a switch to sell ? I dont think I ever heard of that but it sounds like it would be very handy !

Who has such a switch to sell ? I dont think I ever heard of that but it sounds like it would be very handy !

Full name of the switch is EMP Centauri GOTO nn S.168 8 x 1 and I got mine here in Canada, and do recall in my searching on the internet for one seeing some US vendors. A word of caution, shop around, as I saw it range (in Canada) from $31.99 up to $140.00!!! It is a European product.

I did a review on the switch which is in the FTA/MPEG2 Equipment Reviews section.

Thanks guys, I would def shop around, after learning my switch lesson last year, i.e. paying about 25bucks for a 5dollar switch, a simple 3402multiswitch. Kinda felt like ernest p worrel-stupid all over my forehead lol......

I looked around at prices and settled on getting mine here:
http://www.dreamboxcanada.com/products.asp?cat=22
It took about 2 weeks or so for shipment to arrive. It came through the EPRESSPOST of Canada Post/Postes Canada. I decided to get 4 of them as I intend to use 4 receivers, off of a T90 dish (mainly) and another dish or two to complete the capacity of the switch. I'm only using one switch at the moment, as I haven't located my permanent home for the T90, and using with a Coolsat 5000, which has Diseqc 1.1 commands, which work well with the switch. My Pansat 3500s doesn't have Diseqc 1.1 command, so I'm not sure if it will work with the switch or not? I have a Traxis 3500, still in the box, so I don't know about it either? I don't think my Qualitv will work with this switch either?

Al

Al
as long as they have DIseqc 1.2 (which the Pansat & Traxis do) you can set it up like a motor. It worked on my Pansat 1500. It was a little cumbersome but it worked :)

the review area has how to set it up

I got mine at the same place voomvoom linked to above - little slow getting across the border but worked just great by mail.
Bob

Al
as long as they have DIseqc 1.2 (which the Pansat & Traxis do) you can set it up like a motor. It worked on my Pansat 1500. It was a little cumbersome but it worked :)

the review area has how to set it up
Thanks Tony, I'll have to read that thread again. For future refference. It seems like Labgate has also mentioned how to do it. I'm setting this up for my sister and I have 4 Coolsat 5000 receivers (gotten from SatelliteAV, when they had the special) to use with the T90 and these 4 EMP 8x1 switches. The 1.1 commands work great with these switches. I have run short on 4x4 switches (I only have 4) and it will be next month or the next before my fixed income budget can get them (4 more). I still have to get up my nerve to get back on that 2 story roof my sister has. I sort of want to have everything in place or ready before I attempt that, so as to not make to many trips out on the roof. I suppose I could go ahead with the T90, and run the cables, and start using what I have. The switches will be in the attic anyway.
I remember reading that it could be done with 1.2 commands, and I do have some interest, but I'm not in a hurry in trying it. I'll get around to it sooner or later though. Thanks again Tony!

Al

The CS5000 works great with those switches :)

The 8000 doesn't like it real well (the motor functions dont like it for some reason)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)