Center Ice Schedule?

BoBaK

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Why does it take so long for E* to post the Center Ice schedule? The season starts today and they still have last seasons schedule posted on the website. I went to the D* website and they have the entire season posted! What's the deal?

I agree. I am trying to locate the Center Ice schedule also. What gives DISH ?

On the EPG it does indicate the Senators/Leafs on ch 541 tonight. So when will we see some HD games on DISH ?

Does sonnyboy have the special feed :)

" Thanks. Looks like we're off to a good start with the HD stuff. Just got to get Versus HD and the RSNs happening!"

So much for RoachXP's thoughts of 5-7 games a night in High Definition. I knew it was too good to be true. Oh well, at least the PQ is better on D* and I get my AVS in HD tomorrow. Nothing better than watch a northern state team fall over like a bunch of chicks.

NEOSG said:
Does sonnyboy have the special feed :)

" Thanks. Looks like we're off to a good start with the HD stuff. Just got to get Versus HD and the RSNs happening!"

HAH! I wish! Versus (aka OLN) showed their HD feed on a special channel that magically appeared out of nowhere on Dish during the playoffs last season. No one knew it was coming, just one day it was there. I can't remember which channel number it was on but it was taken off shortly after the NHL season ended. Let's all please call and pester Dish to find out when/where/why for Versus HD hockey. :)

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this. If your home team's game is not being televised locally via a RSN or a local channel and it is on the Center Ice Schedule would a person be able to watch the game in the home team's city via Center Ice or would it be blacked out ?

Last year it was hit or miss for me. There were a couple of Sabres games last year that MSG did not send a crew too. Some of those I was able to watch via center ice on the away feed and some were blacked out. I tried get an explanation from E* CSR, but they were clueless.

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this. If your home team's game is not being televised locally via a RSN or a local channel and it is on the Center Ice Schedule would a person be able to watch the game in the home team's city via Center Ice or would it be blacked out ?
I think it depends on whether the local channel or RSN has the rights to the game. Sometimes (especially if it is late in the season and the local team is not going to make the playoffs) they will opt to change programming and not broadcast the game. Since they still hold the rights to the game, CI would not be able to broadcast it in the local market. Kind of a "dog in the manger" thing...

I think it depends on whether the local channel or RSN has the rights to the game. Sometimes (especially if it is late in the season and the local team is not going to make the playoffs) they will opt to change programming and not broadcast the game. Since they still hold the rights to the game, CI would not be able to broadcast it in the local market. Kind of a "dog in the manger" thing...

In this particular case I am referring to the Wild/Preds game this Saturday not being picked up via the local channel or FSN North in the Twin Cities. According to the NHL schedule the game is on FSN South (Preds). Of course the Center Ice Schedule only goes thru this Thursday so I cannot find out if CI even has this game listed on their schedule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)