Central Florida VOOMers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

K4LK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Hello,

I'm scheduled for this Saturday afternoon 3/13. The assigned installer is Southern Satellite and Audio. The only listing I can find is in the white and yellow pages. It shows Southern Satellite located in Orange, FL (north of Orlando).

Who installed your VOOM? If this company, how did it go?

Thanks,
Dana Rodakis
St. Petersburg, Florida

Southern Sat and Audio did my installtion...

They are located in Broward county...

I live in South, South Miami. I had problems with them. They had to come twice to my house. First time they installed everything thru my wall and basically ran a 10 foot wire across my living room and forgot the dvi cable. I called Install's Inc. to complain about the installtion and the quickly came back the next week to run all the wires to my attic instead.

If you live in central FL why did they give you Southern Sat and Audio. They must be miles and miles away from you.

dana - hello - southern sat did my voom early dec without any problems, and i have had no disruptions in service. the techs that at that time were the self-proclaimed hotshots of voom(they had done 1 other install) were competent/arrogant and quick, we actually spent more time waiting on the STB to download than anything else (45 min) of 2 hrs total which you won't have to do. these same installers will be here in Weirsdale tomorrow to bring my replacement box which has been flawless, yet they are doing it for all us "beta-testers".
blame me if you don't find that within the first week you don't watch anything but HD, we don't even call it HD anymore, its VOOM!!! really they could keep all the SD channels as far as i'm concerned...lets see what else, oh yea, keep asking your questions here at satguys, top notch people here, doesn't get any better. enjoy your VOOM david

sandpit said:
dana - hello - southern sat did my voom early dec without any problems, and i have had no disruptions in service. the techs that at that time were the self-proclaimed hotshots of voom(they had done 1 other install) were competent/arrogant and quick, we actually spent more time waiting on the STB to download than anything else (45 min) of 2 hrs total which you won't have to do. these same installers will be here in Weirsdale tomorrow to bring my replacement box which has been flawless, yet they are doing it for all us "beta-testers".
blame me if you don't find that within the first week you don't watch anything but HD, we don't even call it HD anymore, its VOOM!!! really they could keep all the SD channels as far as i'm concerned...lets see what else, oh yea, keep asking your questions here at satguys, top notch people here, doesn't get any better. enjoy your VOOM david

Thanks a bunch David. Definitely a lot of talented people hanging out here. I've been reading for a while. Guess I need to get off my butt and donate.

Dana

K4LK said:
Thanks a bunch David. Definitely a lot of talented people hanging out here. I've been reading for a while. Guess I need to get off my butt and donate.

Dana
probably but only if ya want to. i did as a sign of respect because until i found this 1 i used the forum at yahoo, its like a reunion of the the ranters and ravers that ever lived. again, enjoy your setup this week!

K4LK said:
I called Southern Satellite to confirm my appointment for Saturday. They claim everything is ready and they have offices "all over the state".
my replacement box is up and running as of 1100 today. i mentioned a st pete for sat and drew(crew super) said all of their fed ex shipments were in and that he was doing all vooms north of okeechobee so look for him and helper sat - i completely recommend both, good experienced tech with a sense of customer satisfaction. best - david

sandpit said:
my replacement box is up and running as of 1100 today. i mentioned a st pete for sat and drew(crew super) said all of their fed ex shipments were in and that he was doing all vooms north of okeechobee so look for him and helper sat - i completely recommend both, good experienced tech with a sense of customer satisfaction. best - david

Glad to read this. Thanks!

dana - get back to me today after your up and vooming - i'm still interested as to what happens and if my recommendations were valid to you also - dave

sandpit, do you know of anyone close to orlando with mapping problems with their ota?
I live in Haines City and all the channels coming up on my guide are Tampa channels.Any idea how long it takes voom to remap?

i'll just talk here for a minute while it comes to me who it is that i know who posts at yahoo voom group and avs boredom, in the meantime, wilt hildebrand is the voom vp most are using wilth@optonline.net send to him your zip, signal meters and ph. no. and he looks into it and responds. sean here at satguys also compiles lists daily and fwd to wilt. i'm trying hard to remember who it was i corresponded with around the mouse house but the sometimers disease is showing its ugly face and i whoops here it is dewey deloach, search either of the other two forums and you can get his insight, i pull in all of the orlando OTA's from 60 miles with voom stock equipment and even use the diplexer. i gotta go out erranding and mowing so i can watch the 1330 live real madrid, zaragosa soccer match, i don't NASCAR or american football so voom is amazing to me that i get soccer again. laters - dave in Weirsdale, howdy neighbor!!!

sandpit said:
dana - get back to me today after your up and vooming - i'm still interested as to what happens and if my recommendations were valid to you also - dave

I'm scheduled for this afternoon. Nothing so far. I didn't get the dreaded phone call (sorry you're equipment didn't arrive) last night.

sandpit said:

Just got a phone call from an installer from High Tech Satellite who is working for Southern Satellite. It's 2:15 PM. He said he was in Sarasota and needed to make a quick stop on the way. I didn't get his name.

K4LK said:
Just got a phone call from an installer from High Tech Satellite who is working for Southern Satellite. It's 2:15 PM. He said he was in Sarasota and needed to make a quick stop on the way. I didn't get his name.

sounds like drew, maybe ask him how his new truck is? if they're the same guys they were in cigar wed to purchase after wrecking other - very interesting/professional website by the way, i cruised in just now, ever use
heavens-above.com for the ISS, MIR etc?

hi,i live in sarasota,and i get my install this sat.have a 4x3 53hs10 with auto 3.2 pulldown in dig inputs.iam wondering how the box will display.if its auto or will i have to adjust thru the box.cant wait to get voom.i have a standalone tivo i havent used since i got d.i wonder if they will hook it up for me?i guess i could wait an see but if anyone has a sony 4x3 could you please let me in on the qurks of the box.

hiya ed, just got home from a week on the road. sooo, i'm gonna get caught up on this weeks new s/w d/l and watch the live game at 3 on worldsport. keep asking questions and i'll eventually be able to help, been onto v* since dec. can't help with your display but i know where we can find out..i'm sorry but your tivo won't p/u the v* signal, we're all waiting till v* releases their version of DVR/PRV, beginning rumors had it being earliest june, not then, likely 4th qtr sept timeframe, maybe! hope install goes ok - david

hey sand,i got installed sat and i had a few bl/os,and the ota ant was not very good,but i waited till this am and hooked up my ant that i had installed in my garage and turned off.got back on 2hrs later and low and behold i have all my locals except 1 major,but i would have to get a rotor to get it.i can live with it.i bought the equip from sears and got my paperwork from the installer,read that i could get all of voom for free for a month,so i called and the lady gave me 30 days.the voom setup is the perfect match for my tv.1080 coming in all the time is perfect for the 3.2 pulldown on my set.had to adjust my setup on my receiver for the subwoofer,but other than that it looks good.i like the the channels overall,but hope we get espn.no more infomercials. ed

Ed - i looked again at avs about Tivo. Seems you can use it but it won't record HD, cause that HD model won't be released till sometime....soon. Vicious the way we could continue endlessly to plunk down our cash for this stuff. ah well - can't take it with us...I am curious if CBS is the major your missing?- seems since the beginning CBS has been a system wide pain in the arse. i have a viewable 50-70 ota quality on all my ota's, tuned in to watch cbs hd final four, 15-20, more of a broadcast issue rather than voom tuner or antenna- me thinks. Yours?

New Voom Subscriber in Central Florida

I have a installation appointment scheduled from 8-12P on Thursday (Orlando, Florida). I have been told By Voom the company that will be doing the installation is "All Services International". I could not find them in the phone book nor does Directory Assistance have them listed anywhere in the State of Florida. Does anyone have any information on this company?

Thanks, Larry.