CEO Response Experience

wtourigny

Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
About a month ago, I upgraded my old 6000 receiver with a VIP211 and have been very happy with this receiver thus far (no HDMI failure yet?) So, I decided to try to get another 211 to replace one of my 811's. Instead of calling a CSR, I e-mailed ceo@echostar.com to see what happens. Explaining that I was happy with the 211's performance. (Picture quality and ota tuner is a great improvment over the 811's) and the fact that I just lost my CBS-HD distant feed, I wanted another 211 to replace an 811 so I could get their local HD feed on my other HDTV. Well 2 weeks went by and no response. So this morning I sent another e-mail saying I was disappointed with their lack of reply, good or bad and that being a long time subscriber (1997) I felt I deserved a little better. Sent along a copy of the origninal letter and within an hour, I had a reply with an apology and another Vip 211 on it's way for the $49 upgrade fee. So I guess they really do respond. With not being a jerk and just letting them know I was unhappy, I got results. Over the years, I have had a couple of issues with Dish but overall, they have treated me pretty good. Just wanted to share this with you.

Yeah I have made two good contacts using their E-mail support and it seems to get things done quicker.

I contacted them about my 622 $10/month upgrade rebate after getting the runaround by the rebate service and Dish CSR's. After I sent the email, the guy had me fixed up within 2 hours. I've generally had very good results with their CEO group. I only use them as a last resort just so I can say I went through the appropriate channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)