CEs for 1/2

Advice to DirecTV: The #1 complaint on your HD DVRs continues to be GUI responsiveness.

Why not dedicate an entire CE cycle to laying this issue to bed once and for all? After that you can focus on the nice-to-haves such as widgets and MRV. In otherwords, dont put chrome rims and a spoiler on a 1987 Ford Festiva. Instead emulate the user experience on a TIVO or Echostar's DVRs.

Totally Agree with you!!!!!!!!

I think it is fair to say when these boxes were designed in 2005 (released in 06) they weren't planning on doing everything they do today.

vod
mrv
1080p
etc.
you're right.

Although true, the HR series has had responsivenes issues prior to all of those initiatives. I just dont understand why this isnt a priority for them. Just look how often we see on this board, and others, complaints form new subscribers about the GUI. That word gets around and i'm sure resolving this would persuade many people who havent made the switch to D, to finally do it.

And if it is a hardware issue, and not software, why do they keep rehashing the same bad architecture over and over again HR20-23? If their engineering department is this inept they should have kept an open relationship with Tivo.

Although true, the HR series has had responsivenes issues prior to all of those initiatives. I just dont understand why this isnt a priority for them. Just look how often we see on this board, and others, complaints form new subscribers about the GUI. That word gets around and i'm sure resolving this would persuade many people who havent made the switch to D, to finally do it.

And if it is a hardware issue, and not software, why do they keep rehashing the same bad architecture over and over again HR20-23? If their engineering department is this inept they should have kept an open relationship with Tivo.

I agree with you here. I don't get these other models that are the same except for larger hard drives that continue to come out. Make your next model standout in front of the rest or don't bother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts