Feature Request PIP and swap tuner function

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
Basically a add the features the 622/722 have from Dish.

PIP well self explanitory.

Turner swap well it like the tivo change turner function both turner are active and have an active buffer so I can switch between turn one say on USA and turner 2 on SCIFI and flip flop between them with out loosing dvr buffer. on the dish net remotes it was the swap button. Which also allowed you to swap the pip .

I dont in this case of it being a hardware limitation or not but in a 500 dollar reciever with dual tuners I kinda expected this functionality compare to a older recievers (dtivo) and (ultimate tv) being able to do what small function . Also they are features I miss on from all my dual tuner dish boxes.

Tuner Swap is DLB (Dual Line Buffers). D has said they have something "better" in the works. Not sure what that is. Hope it's not their lame attempt at MRV (Multi Room Viewing).

Last edited:
PIP is not supported in hardware by all of the receivers, so that's probably off the table.

A workaround for swap (or jump) is documented in a FAQ somewhere.

MRV does me no good. Unless they could do it via the sat tuner so a D11 or other standard reciever could view programing from a dvr unit. Like dishcomm but dish net has yet to use any real use of the dish comm system which basically is home plug system.

I don't remember seeing anything saying that something better than DLB was coming. They spent some time developing the single buffer system, making it work better for those desiring DLB.

MRV is a totally different project.

What happened to that? I remember reading that quite a while ago.

yeah i remember reading that too. I also remember reading somewhere that besides the could be tivo for the 2nd half of 09, there would also be a version of the tivo software for the HR series available as an option. I guess I'm loosing it:D

yeah i remember reading that too. I also remember reading somewhere that besides the could be tivo for the 2nd half of 09, there would also be a version of the tivo software for the HR series available as an option. I guess I'm loosing it:D
Now I DON'T remember seeing anything like that. :D

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)