CE's for Halloween & Fall Back Weekend

Is it working now ?

It been 24 hours and the My DIRECTV still missing on my HR34-700.

I'll do the CLEARMYBOX and 2xRBR tomorrow.

Those didn't work last week. Have no reason to expect either to work this week.

Can't really test any new feature with software missing such a large portion of itself.

It been 24 hours and the My DIRECTV still missing on my HR34-700.

I'll do the CLEARMYBOX and 2xRBR tomorrow.

Those didn't work last week. Have no reason to expect either to work this week.

Can't really test any new feature with software missing such a large portion of itself.
I don't believe the Clear my Box has anything to do with the My D* stuff being missing.

That stuff seems to be a hit and miss.
I normally have that stuff populated right after the d/l is completed, normally.
I think I had a few weeks where I didn't have it, but I've been doing these since they started with the CE stuff in what '06 ?

Obviously the My D* stuff hasn't been around that long but I don't have issues with it very often ... that said I don't know why its hit and miss either.

I don't believe the Clear my Box has anything to do with the My D* stuff being missing.

I normally have that stuff populated right after the d/l is completed, normally.
I think I had a few weeks where I didn't have it, but I've been doing these since they started with the CE stuff in what '06 ?

Obviously the My D* stuff hasn't been around that long but I don't have issues with it very often ... that said I don't know why its hit and miss either.
Well I'm not sure if it worked or not... but I do have my directv and dod on my 44.700 now. AFTER I did the clearmybox and clearmybox 2. I also re-enabled iamanedgecutter... but now all is working.

Yesterday, I had a mini blackout here, so that took care of one RBR. Did another when it restored. Late in the afternoon, I did the CLEARMYBOX.

No change. So it looks like it another week without the My DIRECTV Group.

Still, the GUI, is not overly slow. And that is what I really care about.

I wonder what D*'s response is to those that can't get the My D* stuff to work.
Of course thier first step is going to be to check the internet connection, or it should be.

I wonder what D*'s response is to those that can't get the My D* stuff to work.
Of course thier first step is going to be to check the internet connection, or it should be.
Granted all my stuff is working now.. but when I had the same problem I was able to use apps and the dash key showed Internet connection connected.

My apologies for being tardy in posting this. I had a major problem with this release.

I downloaded and installed in my HR24-200 late Friday night and shut down immediately after the installation was complete. Early Saturday afternoon I turned everything on to watch TV and discovered that every one of my On Demand downloaded shows were gone. As far as I can tell, all of the OTA recordings were still there.

I wasn't thinkg fast enough and started to download a couple of On Demand shows to replace the missing ones before I thought to send a report. The report nubmer is 20141101-610.

I haven't seen any other problems since them. I re-downloaded the missing OnDemand shows and none of them have vanished.

My lost of HD channels, you wont believe this, was a bad install of the NR 0x0929 on my Saturday retreat.

Which has me wondering if my serious A/V issue with this week CE was also a bad install.

BTW, the tech hasn't seen a new Genie in the last two weeks. They're been given refurbish HR34 to install.

And the My DIRECTV group remain missing, but this time, I expect them to return by the morning.

My lost of HD channels, you wont believe this, was a bad install of the NR 0x0929 on my Saturday retreat.

Which has me wondering if my serious A/V issue with this week CE was also a bad install.

BTW, the tech hasn't seen a new Genie in the last two weeks. They're been given refurbish HR34 to install.

And the My DIRECTV group remain missing, but this time, I expect them to return by the morning.
It's a hit and a miss on 34/44 right now. I have both. But my 44s have also been on my van for a week or two.. I try to hang onto them for installs when people know what the peanut remote is and specifically ask for it.

And as I predicted, the My DIRECTV Group was back this morning.

So now I need to remember 775s or bad A/V breakups could be the results of a bad install of an upgrade SW.

What happen to the checksum after a download? Or is that no longer done?

And as I predicted, the My DIRECTV Group was back this morning.

So now I need to remember 775s or bad A/V breakups could be the results of a bad install of an upgrade SW.

What happen to the checksum after a download? Or is that no longer done?
I thought it still ran checksum.. but honestly this is an engineering question. Maybe k9 can help? But not many people here are going to know exactly why firmware does what it does.

I
I thought it still ran checksum.. but honestly this is an engineering question. Maybe k9 can help? But not many people here are going to know exactly why firmware does what it does.

Well I'm going to be very suspicious of SW upgrades missing the My DIRECTV Group. As that is a clear sign the download wasn't complete in some way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts