CE's for the first weekend of fall

Downloaded the update, new GUI will take some getting used to, I have to check this morning but as of last night VOD was not working?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

VOD is up, liking the new look, looks like search features have been enhanced!

Two thumbs up, nice update Direct!

On my HR24-500 I wouldn't mind getting a non HD GUI update because the aspect ratio is still being affected with each use of a DVR function. Or maybe this update will fix that.. if not I'll probably go back to the national release soon.

One good enhancement I don't believe was possible before this CE was the ability to press stop to cancel a recording while seeing it on the guide. Was always able to do that within the to do list but never seemed to work within the guide.

The aspect ratio may be fixed in the new CE, don't know because I didn't have that trouble.

As for the removing a set to record show from the guide, is that what your talking about ?

If so, if you locate the show you want to remove, hit Select on the show, Episode Options, Cancel Episode.

This works now, but I'm pretty sure it has always worked, not this is for Recordings that are set up in the future, :30 mins, or more.

You can always remove something you have just set by continuing to hit the Record button.

1st time you hit Record, it does that episode, 2nd the Series and third would remove it.

VOD is up, liking the new look, looks like search features have been enhanced!

Two thumbs up, nice update Direct!

Yup,I noticed that the 1000 and 1100 channels are both up this morning, seems like it does take a little time to have those channels start working again after a CE.

I downloaded the CE last night and I have a question...when you go to either the full guide or the one line guide and press and hold the up or down arrow on the remote it will continuously scroll through the guide in a continuous fluid motion...is this a new feature or was it there before?

stellar832000 said:
I downloaded the CE last night and I have a question...when you go to either the full guide or the one line guide and press and hold the up or down arrow on the remote it will continuously scroll through the guide in a continuous fluid motion...is this a new feature or was it there before?

For the guide I have always done one line so I can only comment on that it has always scrolled

cypherstream said:
Got it loaded on all 3 receivers. So far so good. Enjoying YouTube back on my HR24.

In regards to YouTube, looks like better quality after this software update?

DVR was busy last night and I was tired. I should be able to get it tonight on both HR24's. Only got the one 24 last time around.

S~

Got all 4 receivers loaded last night (3 H25s and a HR24) . My mom loves the HD GUI. She says its easier to navigate and doesn't blind you when you press the guide button anymore. I had to restore network defaults to get MRV working again but once I did that its been smooth sailing

Got the hd GUI on both of my receivers. Wow what a difference. No concerns yet. Mrv working just fine. Why keep this under wraps people will love this interface. Thanks Directv. This is what ce's are about

The aspect ratio changing when using DVR functions on my HR 24-500 has gone away for now, so that's a much welcomed improvement. I hope it sticks.

I think the screen images in the menu are sharper and the fonts are either brighter or bigger to me. Just wish the time bar across the bottom of the screen still wasn't so big and dark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts