CE's for the first weekend of fall

All I can say is WOW. I Love the new HD Gui. All the Menus are great, much better on the eyes. My only wish is for an option to change the Guide to display more than 1.5 hours, I'd love to see a 3 hour guide option. My receivers HR24 and a H24 are much more responsive to commands as well.

I got the CE late last night, as of yet my On Demand channels have not repopulated, hopefully that will happen by tomorrow.

Nice Job DirecTV,

John

All I can say is WOW. I Love the new HD Gui. All the Menus are great, much better on the eyes. My only wish is for an option to change the Guide to display more than 1.5 hours, I'd love to see a 3 hour guide option. My receivers HR24 and a H24 are much more responsive to commands as well.

I got the CE late last night, as of yet my On Demand channels have not repopulated, hopefully that will happen by tomorrow.

Nice Job DirecTV,

John

Probably within 24 hours ....

Glad you like it :)

I do too, could have done without the icon type selections though, takes up more room that could be used for other things.

i did the ce on both my hr-24 and my h-24. they both look great. it has really speed up both receivers. the only issue is in guide if i press the down arrow too fast, not the channel down button, it will jump to the bottom row

Strange, does the remote have good batteries? and you are starting the sequence immediately as soon as the receiver comes to life?

As far as I know, the batteries should be fine... i tried it with the regular remote, and also with the Harmony 900... and I tried the sequence at different times... soon as the lights came back on and also when the first screen appeared... I am never able to get passed a few keystrokes before it jumps to the second screen...

Does it matter if it's in IR or RF ? I'm not sure which this troublesome box is set to...

Thanks... Steve

One of my HR24's displayed a message that the guide has not downloaded/populated in over 10 hours. Hopefully a reset solved it. The other receiver is fine.

S~

Nice Job DirecTV,

John

On a HR-24 500, H-25 very nice indeed! a welcome GUI up date. A long time Dish customer I am glade I made the move :clap

My HR20 with tuner 1 problems does that when it gets a sw upgrade or when power goes out and tuner 1 ends up on a OTA channel ...

Never had that problem before. That particular 24 is my guinnea pig receiver.

S~

skenney said:
As far as I know, the batteries should be fine... i tried it with the regular remote, and also with the Harmony 900... and I tried the sequence at different times... soon as the lights came back on and also when the first screen appeared... I am never able to get passed a few keystrokes before it jumps to the second screen...

Does it matter if it's in IR or RF ? I'm not sure which this troublesome box is set to...

Thanks... Steve

I had a problem with my h24. I had to reset it about 6 times before it went into the download menu. It was with one of them. So maybe the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

On a strange note I still did not have any On demand channels in my guide as of his morning after I got the CE download on Saturday Night. So I keyed in 1501 and bingo i got to the HBO OnDemand channel. It turned out that for some reason I had to re add the On Demand Channels to my channel list even though they were in my favorite channel list before the new Firmware.

John

I had a problem with my h24. I had to reset it about 6 times before it went into the download menu. It was with one of them. So maybe the same problem.

Thanks... I've reset it a few times, but not 6 in a row... I tried again last night, and it goes right on to the 2nd screen without accepting the code...

On a strange note I still did not have any On demand channels in my guide as of his morning after I got the CE download on Saturday Night. So I keyed in 1501 and bingo i got to the HBO OnDemand channel. It turned out that for some reason I had to re add the On Demand Channels to my channel list even though they were in my favorite channel list before the new Firmware.

John

I had no idea I had 1501 or the other demand channels..... until now! :popcorn they do work with this up date

skenney said:
Thanks... I've reset it a few times, but not 6 in a row... I tried again last night, and it goes right on to the 2nd screen without accepting the code...

You can only get the CE software on a {rday or Saturday night, unless there one out of cycle.

If you do the same thing outside of the CE time frame you go back to the National release

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Loaded up the CE software on my hr24-500, and the gui was great, my whole family loved it. I did not update any other boxes.

We tried to watch something recorded on the HR24 on my R22 via MRV, and it kept stalling every 2 minutes or so. A rewind or ffw would unfreeze the screen. At first I thought maybe what I was watching was recorded during a storm, but when I would rewind I would be able to watch the part that was missed.

I use my own 1gb ethernet network and not the adapters provided by DirecTV. I have never had a provlem with MRV previously.

I reverted to the national release yesterday evening, and MRV is working normally once again.

You can only get the CE software on a {rday or Saturday night, unless there one out of cycle.

If you do the same thing outside of the CE time frame you go back to the National release

No, I understand that Jimbo... I just meant that I tried to enter the code at the first sign of life of the box after reset, and it didn't take the code and it just continued like I didn't even touch the remote... So basically, it doesn't matter whether there is a CE software download available, or just the National Release, i can't get the box to respond to my input of 02468 ...

Thanks, Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)