CE's for the Weekend of 1.27

gigahurtz said:
Well, it didn't take long... but the MRV issues are still alive and active with my HR34 and two H25s. Last night right after all three updated, it was working great. Everything started on the first try. This morning, we're right back to the same "try again" message. This is really starting to get irritating. I didn't pay $200+ up front and $100 a month to get a system that doesn't function the way it's supposed to. This issue was even WORSE on the NR. I understand the testing of new products, but the HR34 was in test markets for quite some time. These issues have had plenty of time to be tested. There is no reason why MRV shouldn't be working properly on boxes that are available to all new customers. In my opinion, this puts DirecTV in very bad light.

Two things:
1. In no way, shape or form am I trying to be disrespectful when I say this: you chose to be an early adopter of a newer technology. Whenever you do that, you have to expect bumps and bruises. Heck, just look at the early adopters of GoogleTV and what they put up for over a year! As far as early testers, there's always bound to be newer issues when more folks are using it. Early testing is to ensure technology is stable for release, but not perfected. With that being said, sorry your are dealing with these issues but thanks for being an early adopter.

2. I noticed my other receiver has the national GUI, but no Pandora or YouTube. Additionally, the software version I believe is x57. Considering the CE HDGUI on my primary box is x59 I am wondering if the national rollout has Pandora or YouTube yet?

gigahurtz said:
Well, it didn't take long... but the MRV issues are still alive and active with my HR34 and two H25s. Last night right after all three updated, it was working great. Everything started on the first try. This morning, we're right back to the same "try again" message. This is really starting to get irritating. I didn't pay $200+ up front and $100 a month to get a system that doesn't function the way it's supposed to. This issue was even WORSE on the NR. I understand the testing of new products, but the HR34 was in test markets for quite some time. These issues have had plenty of time to be tested. There is no reason why MRV shouldn't be working properly on boxes that are available to all new customers. In my opinion, this puts DirecTV in very bad light.

Sorry gigi,
The Hr 34 has Not been out very long at all.
Pesonally, I would never get the HR34 till I know a lot of the issues are addresed, yes, you can expect o have some issues with new technology, but not as much as you guys seem to be having.

I got the HR20 when it first came out and it was about a year
before everything worked the way it was said to have.

The Hr24s I got pretty new and they worked pretty well for the most part.

That by no means let's D* off the hook for it, but at least they are working on the issues and allowing people to get the latest software for it.

Imagine how you'd feel if you had not clue about the CE software and it was what it was.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

NO H21-H24 or HR20-HR24 CE release planned for tonight
Easy guy,
Actually, there was none for Friday night, doesn't mean there couldn't be one for Saturday night.
I was well aware there was none for Friday night.

I was out of the house and at a friends that has D* and was going to help her out if there happened to be one on Saturday night.

Two things:
1. In no way, shape or form am I trying to be disrespectful when I say this: you chose to be an early adopter of a newer technology. Whenever you do that, you have to expect bumps and bruises. Heck, just look at the early adopters of GoogleTV and what they put up for over a year! As far as early testers, there's always bound to be newer issues when more folks are using it. Early testing is to ensure technology is stable for release, but not perfected. With that being said, sorry your are dealing with these issues but thanks for being an early adopter.

2. I noticed my other receiver has the national GUI, but no Pandora or YouTube. Additionally, the software version I believe is x57. Considering the CE HDGUI on my primary box is x59 I am wondering if the national rollout has Pandora or YouTube yet?

I can appreciate where you are coming from and I don't take offense to it at all.

My response would be this:

Yes, I did choose to be an early adopter, but I don't agree with the outlook that "well it's a new box so expect things not to work". I still pay for DVR and whole home service, I'm not getting an "early adopter discount" because I have a device that wasn't properly tested. In my opinion, a feature that is marketed so heavily by DirecTV should have been tested better than it was. I consistently have issues with MRV on both H25s playing from the HR34. It's extremely frustrating. I have not called DirecTV because 1) I'm using CE software and 2) I don't believe it's a setup issue but a equipment issue.

I don't believe the national rollout has Pandora and YouTube yet. I believe they wanted to get it released first and then add that feature once they complete the rollout.

Sorry gigi,
The Hr 34 has Not been out very long at all.
Pesonally, I would never get the HR34 till I know a lot of the issues are addresed, yes, you can expect o have some issues with new technology, but not as much as you guys seem to be having.

I got the HR20 when it first came out and it was about a year
before everything worked the way it was said to have.

The Hr24s I got pretty new and they worked pretty well for the most part.

That by no means let's D* off the hook for it, but at least they are working on the issues and allowing people to get the latest software for it.

Imagine how you'd feel if you had not clue about the CE software and it was what it was.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I expected some bumps along the way, but I guess I'm just venting my frustration. I've had service for almost two months now and overall I'm pleased with it, but still get frustrated at times and so I come here to vent :)

I personally love the HR-34, but will love it a lot more when these little quirks are resolved. The HD GUI has improved the response time on the box and it has gotten better each month, but I'll be pleased when the MRV gets fixed. I am happy to see improvements through each update so that is always a good sign.

I expected some bumps along the way, but I guess I'm just venting my frustration. I've had service for almost two months now and overall I'm pleased with it, but still get frustrated at times and so I come here to vent :)

I personally love the HR-34, but will love it a lot more when these little quirks are resolved. The HD GUI has improved the response time on the box and it has gotten better each month, but I'll be pleased when the MRV gets fixed. I am happy to see improvements through each update so that is always a good sign.

So, what about the HR34 do you like that isn't available with the HR24 ?
Just thinking here, if it's the number of tuners, nothing that can do to add them (5), but most of the other stuff from the sounds of it would be available with the HR24.

Just wondering if you asked them to take the 34 out and replace it with 24's, if everything would work correctly ...
Or could you just remove the 34 from the system and see how the rest ran.

Would the MRV work properly, it should be no different with the 34 out of the equation, if the MRV works in that situation, tell them to get you a 34 when they have the bugs fixed.

So, what about the HR34 do you like that isn't available with the HR24 ?
Just thinking here, if it's the number of tuners, nothing that can do to add them (5), but most of the other stuff from the sounds of it would be available with the HR24.

Just wondering if you asked them to take the 34 out and replace it with 24's, if everything would work correctly ...
Or could you just remove the 34 from the system and see how the rest ran.

Would the MRV work properly, it should be no different with the 34 out of the equation, if the MRV works in that situation, tell them to get you a 34 when they have the bugs fixed.

I honestly would have been happy with an HR24 but when I called to switch back to DTV in early December, I was offered an HR34 at $99 or an HR24 at $99. Naturally, I just went with the HR-34 since it offered 5 tuners over 2 tuners and it was the latest in technology for the same price. At this point, I probably would take a HR24 in place of the HR34, but I'd want the $99 back and not have to pay anything for the HR24. If they wouldn't be willing to do that for me, I'd probably just stick with what I have. I 'm going to give it a few more CE releases and see what happens. If I don't see any improvement, I'm going to call and complain and see what they can do. I will, of course, switch back to the NR and see how things work with it. If they seem to improve with the NR, I'll wait a little longer. I do know that the problems existed when I first go the box and was running the NR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts