CE's for the Weekend of 10.14

One HR24-200 had some odd-ball network oddities that wouldn't permit it to see the other DVRs or the internet at large (even though the tests said it was connected to the network. Impossible, since its IP and subnet settings were wrong - though gateway and DNS settings were correct). A reboot finally fixed it.

No MPEG4 playback from a DNLA server.

Always lose the quick tune logos' but I was surprised the "My Directv" stuff was intact.
Still none, tuner 1 went back to Directv 100, when it does that I lose guide and everything... I leave it on TWC SD when not using OTA... if this HR20 dvr wasn't in my bedroom I would replace (be my luck would get a worse receiver ;))

Still none, tuner 1 went back to Directv 100, when it does that I lose guide and everything... I leave it on TWC SD when not using OTA... if this HR20 dvr wasn't in my bedroom I would replace (be my luck would get a worse receiver ;))

You can always order what you want and cancel service on that one once your ready.
Dish Store or Solid Signal are usually very quick to fill orders.

I have a HR24 running the newest CE. I have a RF Modulator I use to mirror the DVR to the bedroom, its an older unit so it uses composite video which is fine since the TV is only 27 inches and sits across the room. The new Guide UI will not pull up on that set when on a HD station or recorded show. Despite the picture being flawless and not cut off in the slightest (Not a formatting issue). It seems they hard coded it so the guide doesn't show on the SD outputs for some odd reason if a HD signal is showing. Its not a formatting issue because the HD program is not cut off at all its just the UI will not pull up at all. Is there a work around for this besides buying the HD version of the RF modulator I'm using or going back to the ugly guide?

I have a HR24 running the newest CE. I have a RF Modulator I use to mirror the DVR to the bedroom, its an older unit so it uses composite video which is fine since the TV is only 27 inches and sits across the room. The new Guide UI will not pull up on that set when on a HD station or recorded show. Despite the picture being flawless and not cut off in the slightest (Not a formatting issue). It seems they hard coded it so the guide doesn't show on the SD outputs for some odd reason if a HD signal is showing. Its not a formatting issue because the HD program is not cut off at all its just the UI will not pull up at all. Is there a work around for this besides buying the HD version of the RF modulator I'm using or going back to the ugly guide?
I'm running an H25 on my bedroom SD tv and had the same issue until I set the resolution on the 25 back to 480, but my situation is only using it to have mrv.

Hmmm, I've never heard of this particular problem, but I've also never heard of a RF Mod that specifically did HD either.
It doesn't do HD but for whatever reason regardless of the original resolution it displays correctly (for the most part). The issue is just that if I have composite cable connected to the HR24 the guide won't show up on HD stations. SD it shows up ok. Any other output (component or hdmi) works fine. Its just composite on 720 + stations that the UI doesn't show up. Even if a tiny portion cuts off it should show up.

Last edited:
not posotive, but since ce still is beta, its a theory... maybe... the box can tell that its outputting sd so it doesnt display the hd guide... yea i know, dumb idea... but its just a theory.

not posotive, but since ce still is beta, its a theory... maybe... the box can tell that its outputting sd so it doesnt display the hd guide... yea i know, dumb idea... but its just a theory.
/shrug was pointing it out. You know, discussing potential issues with the software so it can get fixed. Not bitching, moaning or being a wise ass. Just pointing it out and seeing if there was a work around. Didn't realize it was so dumb to do so. thank you for your contribution.

/shrug was pointing it out. You know, discussing potential issues with the software so it can get fixed. Not bitching, moaning or being a wise ass. Just pointing it out and seeing if there was a work around. Didn't realize it was so dumb to do so. thank you for your contribution.

Easy there guys, discussing stuff like this is what it's all about.

I didn't think twizt3dkitty response was being a wise a$$ at all, just pointing out that it is beta software.

That said, discussing it will allow D* to know about those having the issue and they can then look into it.

HIFI said:
I'm running an H25 on my bedroom SD tv and had the same issue until I set the resolution on the 25 back to 480, but my situation is only using it to have mrv.

My H24 on my SD tv is the same. I get a message saying it can't display the menu. Press the Res button to 480 or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Apologies if this is the wrong place or a dumb question...
Does anyone have any idea on when us non-CE's might see the new UI?
Thanks!

I thought I had read it all but somehow missed it. Thanks very much. I'll be looking forward to it!

andrewj0781 said:
My H24 on my SD tv is the same. I get a message saying it can't display the menu. Press the Res button to 480 or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Same thing on my HR-21. No guide on my SD TV unless I manually select 480 mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts