CE's for the Weekend of 11.4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah I know I can go channel to channel, hit info and scroll the list. I just wish they would put it under the movie section under settings, search, all movies and give the option to get rid of the cinema items. I know they won't since its big money for them and I understand that. It would just be nice to be able to look through all the movies showing over the next 2 weeks without having to go channel to channel. Just one big alpha list. Eliminates scrolling through 100 reruns of the same flick for one show you might want 13 days later x however many movie channels you have.

Have you ever hit the Guide Button twice and used the "Movie" filter ?

Aye and that is nice for looking at things currently playing or soonish. Not exactly great for looking for stuff to record. You still have to go through 100 stations with 2 weeks of programming, most of it repeats. Something I find better is simply hitting up the 500+ stations and hitting INFO on the channel number to get a program list and scroll through that. Its still a PIA though because of the repeats and having to repeat it 80 times to get what I want with a crap ton of scrolling each time.

It would be nice if:

Took the data and pulled the stuff tagged Movie
Put said data by title on a list similar to the Cinema
You could go through just looking at what movies are actually playing that 2 week period. Instead of seeing 100 avatars on 5 channels you see one. If you want to watch avatar you can hit enter on it and see the channel list and times its playing to set up a recording.

Currently if you do GUIDE > GUIDE > Movies

You just see all the stations in the typical guide format and you still have to not only scroll through 2 weeks of many reruns and other junk you aren't interested in (movies you don't want to watch) you also have 100+ stations at the same time. Lots of chan down chan down chan down etc, then right right right, chan down chan down etc.. for 30 minutes or so just to find stuff.

Programming wise it wouldn't be that difficult they obviously have the tags in place with the capability because they do something similar just with Directv Cinema which is mostly worthless to me due to its high cost.

Method to call Movie tag strings
Save in array
Method to call cover art
method to display said info
Done

Much of it would be copy and paste from existing code from Cinema.

new ui on DirectvPC????

Just wondewring when we will get the new interafce in DirectvPC. This last update fixed alot of the lag concerns I had before

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)