CE's for the Weekend of 2.10

On the initial screen that came up where you enter the name it said it was authorized, but after I entered the name and checked the Status menu in Whole-Home settings, it says Not Authorized.

Ok, I never got the rest of the set up screen like you did, thats probably because I have previously went in and labelled them previously just to see what it was going to do.

So, is there a reason to want the red bar ?

If your going to a channel directly, why would you go to the guide first ?

Can you now get rid of the red bar ?

This is something that I can see them working on soon, unless this is intentional leading to something else they are working on.

A lot of times I'll be watching something, and then I'll hit the guide button and enter a channel number right away as I'll want to check to see what time the hockey game is on or something of the like without changing the channel.

So today, for example, the Penguins game is on at 2pm and I'm going to be leaving so I wanted to set up the recording. I'm currently watching Science channel, hit my guide button, entered 659 right away as I knew where I wanted to go, and then I noticed that the screen flickered red and then stayed red (sometimes it doesn't stay red and only flickers when you scroll).

Once the guide turns red, I have found no way to clear it without leaving the guide and going back in.

It definitely seems to be a bug as opposed to something they would be working on as the red covers up the -12 hrs, +12 hrs, and Guide Options text at the bottom of the guide (as can be seen in my picture in Post #109). It's like it's a rendering issue of some sort.

my HR24-200 hd receiver downloaded the new ce 0X5B3 but my HR24-200 dvr hd receiver didnt take the dowload last night so ill try the HR24-200 dvr receiver ce tonight :) same thing happen but other way last time hmmm :)

danpeters said:
A lot of times I'll be watching something, and then I'll hit the guide button and enter a channel number right away as I'll want to check to see what time the hockey game is on or something of the like without changing the channel.

So today, for example, the Penguins game is on at 2pm and I'm going to be leaving so I wanted to set up the recording. I'm currently watching Science channel, hit my guide button, entered 659 right away as I knew where I wanted to go, and then I noticed that the screen flickered red and then stayed red (sometimes it doesn't stay red and only flickers when you scroll).

Once the guide turns red, I have found no way to clear it without leaving the guide and going back in.

It definitely seems to be a bug as opposed to something they would be working on as the red covers up the -12 hrs, +12 hrs, and Guide Options text at the bottom of the guide (as can be seen in my picture in Post #109). It's like it's a rendering issue of some sort.

Gotcha ...

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

whitewolf8214 said:
my HR24-200 hd receiver downloaded the new ce 0X5B3 but my HR24-200 dvr hd receiver didnt take the dowload last night so ill try the HR24-200 dvr receiver ce tonight :) same thing happen but other way last time hmmm :)

I never saw anything come up for the -200 last night, doubt it will be there tonight if it wasn't last nite, but ya never know.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

ty jimbo :)
jcrandall
Proud Staff Member Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member
Proud Staff MemberJoin Date: Apr 3rd, 2005 Location: Centeral Michigan Posts: 8,285
HR2x / H21-H25 CE Release 2/10
Systems in this CE
H21 • H23 • H24 • H25
HR20 • HR21 • HR22 • HR23 • HR24
(all manufacturers)

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, February 10, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, February 11, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30 AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: High Risk

New features
None

Improved/Updated
Playlist optimization
Minor UI updates
Game Lounge
Trick Play
Stability fixes
Under the Hood

Notes
You may lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues
High Risk

Still have the problem on my hr24-500 with entering the channel #s directly but I figured out a work around. The problem seems to be that the top bar across the screen doesn't stay on the screen long enough if all you're doing is entering a long channel #. But if you type in one of your locals (for me a 1-digit #) it goes normally. To allow it to change to a 3-digit channel #, press info first, and then type the # in while the show info remains on the screen

Still have the problem on my hr24-500 with entering the channel #s directly but I figured out a work around. The problem seems to be that the top bar across the screen doesn't stay on the screen long enough if all you're doing is entering a long channel #. But if you type in one of your locals (for me a 1-digit #) it goes normally. To allow it to change to a 3-digit channel #, press info first, and then type the # in while the show info remains on the screen

You can go into settings and change how long the banner stays on the screen if you want it on longer, usually it's 4 seconds I think.
I see that 2,4,6 and 8 seconds are options, maybe you set to 2 sec.

Go to Menu/Settings/Display/Preferences/Banner Time ( very bottom) ... I set mine at 4 seconds.

Changing it to 4 seconds did allow it to change the channel, but it was always set to 2 seconds in the past and this was never an issue. So hopefully it gets adjusted in time.

Still nothing for my HR24-200 just keeps searching oh well I will try next week. Maybe it's for the best since some people reported problems.

Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts