HR2x / H21-H25 CE Release 2/10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE
H21 • H23 • H24 • H25
HR20 • HR21 • HR22 • HR23 • HR24
(all manufacturers)

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, February 10, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, February 11, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30 AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: High Risk

New features
None

Improved/Updated
Playlist optimization
Minor UI updates
Game Lounge
Trick Play
Stability fixes
Under the Hood

Notes
You may lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues
High Risk

05B3 on H25
057B on HR24

ps, I got a pop up box on the H24 the first time it came up after the new version was installed that said "acquiring additional software" never seen that before.

Last edited:
05B3 on H25
057B on HR24

ps, I got a pop up box on the H24 the first time it came up after the new version was installed that said "acquiring additional software" never seen that before.

That was what happened when the original version of the HD gui came along ... odd that you would see it now ..

Btw, the HR24 will be updated to 05B3 tonight.

forced my download at 8:30 pacific time. Looked like it started to download 057b (which I already had) for my hr24/500 then it switched to download 05b3. It updated to 05b3, I now see the power saving mode, but I still don't have a pandora option in my extras.... All I want is pandora, and I don't understand why I still don't have it. I am connected to internet via deca bb, I have access to my computers media and to the on demand, but why no pandora? Am I missing something? BTW I am located in Nor Cal, anyone else able to access pandora in this region?

This CE screwed up the guide on my HR22 100. When I pull up the guide,it is fine for two seconds before red bars come up on the top and bottom of the screen. After this a reddish pink color fills up the whole screen. I'm going back to the NR in the morning.

This CE screwed up the guide on my HR22 100. When I pull up the guide,it is fine for two seconds before red bars come up on the top and bottom of the screen. After this a reddish pink color fills up the whole screen. I'm going back to the NR in the morning.

Try a simple reboot first?

Just checked the evil forum. Several people over there are reporting the same problem of red screens. Definitely back to NR for me in the morning.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys and the CE, no rhyme or reason for it, try rbr after the CE and rebooting your router, hub etc also ...

Thanks for the welcome and reply. Either I'm too impatient and didn't wait long enough for pandora to kick in, or rebooting the receiver did the trick. It's up and running now, and now I love my directv even more!

Also I have no problems with the red screen issue after update as other posters seem to have. I've seen a similiar issue like that before on my system, and a simple cycling of my hdmi switch cured it. Not sure if it was the same issue as darrell is having or not...

I just got an R22-100 and downloaded the new software and also had the red bars in the guide happen to me.

forced my download at 8:30 pacific time. Looked like it started to download 057b (which I already had) for my hr24/500 then it switched to download 05b3. It updated to 05b3, I now see the power saving mode, but I still don't have a pandora option in my extras.... All I want is pandora, and I don't understand why I still don't have it. I am connected to internet via deca bb, I have access to my computers media and to the on demand, but why no pandora? Am I missing something? BTW I am located in Nor Cal, anyone else able to access pandora in this region?

Give it until tomorrow night for Pandora to show up. I remember that it took almost 24 hours for it to show up on mine after I updated a couple of weeks ago.

Welcome to the site !!!

Try doing a Search for "IAMANEDGECUTTER" just like that, that may help it along, the Pandora and Youtube stuff sometimes takes days to show up other times right away, the Search has been mentioned to help.

That was what happened when the original version of the HD gui came along ... odd that you would see it now ..

Btw, the HR24 will be updated to 05B3 tonight.

From the red bars comments, seems like I should be glad that the HR24 did not pick up this week's CE.

I checked all of my boxes that received the CE tonight(H24,H25,HR22-100,7 HR24-500) & i haven't seen any red bars yet. I checked my playlist,to do list,& series manager,& I haven't noticed any problems yet. I haven't checked my guide list yet on any of them.

From the red bars comments, seems like I should be glad that the HR24 did not pick up this week's CE.

Why ?

My HR24-500 worked fine as did all others that I have heard from, the -200 didn't go active till about 12:45.
Didn't have any issues with my HR20's either.

I think the red bars is on one particular model for some reason.

Why ?

My HR24-500 worked fine as did all others that I have heard from, the -200 didn't go active till about 12:45.
Didn't have any issues with my HR20's either.

I think the red bars is on one particular model for some reason.

I checked my HR22-100,which the OP mentioned was the box he was getting the red bars on. My box is free of red bars so far. I'll check again,& check my guide also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)